012

|| Broken Promises! Enter, Sengoku-san! ||

Law woke up that next morning to the smell of smoldering kindle and the sound of soft snoring. As he sat up, he noticed the fire had died, leaving behind a pile of ash.

He looked around for Daisuke before settling on his figure at the entrance of the cave. His words still lingered in Law's mind.

Daisuke and Corazon were the only people left in the world who cared about him. Hell, they've cried over him. But now, Corazon was gone. Law was terrified of the thought of Daisuke leaving him too.

"Daiko-ya?" Law called to the older boy who was leaning against the side of the entrance to the cave, although he got no response. "Oi, Daiko-ya!"

Still nothing. A worried lump punched its way into Law's throat as he walked up to Daisuke, the said male's sweatshirt in his hands.

As he approached Daisuke's form, he relaxed when he realised Daisuke was just asleep.

A soft smile appeared on Law's face as he slowly shook Daisuke's shoulder, effectively waking the older boy up. "H-Huh? Oh, Law. Is it morning already?" Daisuke wondered with a yawn.

Law nodded, holding out the black and red sweatshirt to its rightful owner. "H-Here, Daiko-ya. Th... th-thank you for letting me use it last night."

Daisuke's face formed a warm, bright smile. "You're welcome, Law. Were you warm enough last night?"

Law nodded, his cheeks subconsciously turning a light shade of pink. He didn't know why, but they did.

Suddenly, his flustered state was interrupted by the sound of his stomach rumbling, making Daisuke burst out laughing. "Hahaha! Someone's hungry, eh?"

Law's cheeks turned an even darker shade of red as he avoided eye contact with Daisuke. "S-Shut up, Daiko-ya! Y-You're probably hungry too!"

Daisuke chuckled, nodding, as his own stomach growled as well. "Ah, it appears that I am," he stood up, pulling his sweatshirt over his head, "let's go see what we can find."

Law nodded, and then they were off to hunt.

────𖤐────

Daisuke had gotten used to only having one eye. He came to terms that he was never going to be able to see out of his left eye ever again, so he became much more aware of everything around him.

For the past week, the two of them have been living off whatever they could catch, rather it'd be fish, wild boar, or the occasional rare deer.

Daisuke was low to the ground, his knife in his hand. His senses were at their prime, and thanks to the Uroko Uroko no Mi, he didn't have to strain much energy to keep his awareness up.

Law was nearby, armed with a small scalpel he kept in the small pouch on his waist. Daisuke didn't know where he found the scalpel, but he didn't ask questions.

Most people ask him where the hell he keeps his knives, since he seems to have an endless supply of them, so he didn't bother.

Suddenly, they heard a twig snap, making both boys tense up. The sound was close, right next to them, actually.

Law and Daisuke locked eyes, Daisuke gesturing to Law to keep quiet as he brought his finger to his lips. Law gave a nod as he stood still, completely silent, as Daisuke slowly approached the direction of the noise.

Suddenly, a wild boar appeared out of nowhere from the brush, ramming its body into Daisuke. Daisuke let out a grunt, the wind getting knocked out of him as the boar took him to the ground.