011

|| The Aftermath of Death ||

The night was dark, and full of dread. The snow hadn't stopped falling, it simply slowed, but that wasn't something Daisuke cared about.

He didn't know how long he had been running, but the fatigue and exhaustion and pain had finally began to catch up to him.

He was tired, scared, emotionally distressed. If Doflamingo didn't think he was dead, then he definitely wished for Daisu to suffer.

Daisuke suddenly stopped, a sharp pain surged from his eye. He froze, expecting the pain to slowly ease away so he could continue running.

He was wrong.

The pain flared up more and more and more, not even thinking about stopping. Daisuke knew something was wrong. He couldn't continue like this, not with this pain.

He let out a weak cry, sucking in as much air as possible as the pain continue to rage on. He quickly stood tall, turning back into his human form.

His breaths were laboured, the puffs visible in the frost-bitten air. The area seemed serene, in a sense. Large, tall, thick trees made up the forest, casting a dark atmosphere upon the land.

Daisuke began to panic. His adrenaline had finally worn off, and the concept of everything suddenly rushed to his mind, overwhelming him.

But the thoughts of Corazon's sacrifice weren't the main cause of his current pain.

Daisuke screamed as his left eye, the one Doflamingo shot a bullet in, the one he just now realised he could not see out of, began throbbing.

He subconsciously clawed at his eye, trying to make the pain stop. He couldn't feel anything. Not his broken wrist, the bullet wound in his leg, or his broken ribs and pierced lung.

He fell to his knees, still crying out in pain as he continued to claw at his eye. His vision was shaky, but he could clearly see the blood spilling on to the snow beneath him.

The clawing wasn't working, his eye still throbbed with pain that made Daisuke feel sick. Without thinking, Daisuke suddenly pulled out his knife, ready to carve out his own eye.

I'm already fucking blind! I just need this to stop!

He proceeded to jab the dark-bladed knife into his eye, shaking it around vigorously in hopes of stopping the pain that was corrupting his body.

Then, he felt his knife scrape against something lodged deep within his eye. He paused, the pain still torturing his body, but he paused.

W-What...?

He slowly moved the knife up and pushed inwards, making him hiss in pain as he poked the remnants of his eye.

So, he could feel around whatever his knife had touched, but he didn't feel anything when his knife had made contact with the object.

Is... i-is the bullet still inside...?

Daisuke carefully moved his knife down a bit, just at the tip of whatever was still in his eye. He took a deep breath, and with his shaky hands, he flicked his knife causing something to dislodge from his eye.

It hit the snow, falling in the pool of blood that had formed under him. Daisuke dropped his knife, releasing a stuttering breath as the pain from his eye had slowly started to fade.

Well, things started to numb.

He brought his hand to his eye, feeling a warm, thick, sticky liquid seep through his fingers. He then began crying, his left eye forming tears of blood while his right luckily cried normal tears.