009

|| The Moment of Resolution - Corazon's Farewell Smile! ||

Corazon was acting weird when he finally came back. By then, however, Law had fallen unconscious again due to his sickness.

Corazon's stumbling, pained, limping motions worried Daisuke, but the tall bird kept shrugging off Daisuke's concerns due to the fact did he had it. The Ope Ope no Mi.

The Barrels Pirates' hideout was still up in flames and the small, quiet ghost town wasn't safe for the three anymore.

So Corazon carried Law in his arms as Daisuke followed close enough to keep an eye out for anyone who would dare to attack them.

Corazon hid behind a small brick wall that had two large, snowcapped trees at both ends. There was another section of rock that had been broken off from the wall, and the crack gave Daisuke a perfect view to scope out anyone that could be approaching the wall.

Corazon waited for Law to open his eyes as Daisuke was perched on the rock, the most observant he's ever been. Eventually, however, he somewhat dropped his guard when Law awoke.

"Cora-san..." Law mumbled, slowly opening his eyes. Corazon held a small smile as he gave Law his signature "peace-sign."

"Good. You are okay." Law continued, getting used to being awake. "Silence." Corazon said, snapping his fingers as he activated his Nagi Nagi no Mi powers, placing Law, Daisuke, and himself in an invisible soundproof dome.

"Look!" Corazon chimed, pulling out a red, swirly, heart-shaped fruit from inside his coat, "it's the Ope Ope no Mi!"

Law, who was now propped up against the wall and still rapped in the beige cloak-blanket, was breathing quite heavily as he gestured to the burning building atop the hill with his eyes.

"The building is on fire and I heard some gunshots so I thought maybe something had happened to you..."

Daisuke jumped down from where he was perched, walking over an kneeling down next to him. "I told you not to worry, Kid! Cora-san would be fine!"

Law's tired, slightly pained silver eyes met Daisuke's determined, yet worried, deep blue. "Oi! That's beside the point!" Corazon barked, bringing both Law's and Daisuke's attention to him.

The snow was still falling from the dark, cloud-filled royal blue sky. The sea was still raging on down below, and the Barrels Pirates' hideout was still blazing on in the distance.

"You gotta cheer up!" Corazon cried, not caring about how loud he was being due to the soundproof dome, "This Devil Fruit will save your life!"

"Cora-san..." Daisuke trailed, reaching a hand out to place on the tall bird's arm but he decided against it. He wished he could be as optimistic as Corazon, but he didn't even know for sure if the Ope Ope no Mi could cure Law.

"But even if I eat it, you don't know if it will cure my disease." Law said, voicing the unheard doubt that clouded Daisuke's mind.

Suddenly, Corazon grabbed Law's shoulder. "What are you talking about?! It will!" He then shoved the fruit into Law's mouth, forcing the young boy to eat it.

"Now, eat it! Here! Eat it quickly!" Corazon yelled. "C-Cora-san! Oi! No! Stop!" Daisuke yelped in surprise.

"What are you doing...?!" Law mumbled out, struggling to speak because of the Devil Fruit being forcefully shoved down his throat.

"Gross!" Law complained. Daisuke sweatdropped. Did... did I forget to tell Law about how bad they taste...?

"There! Chew it like this! Chew it up and swallow it down!" Corazon continued on, moving Law's jaw as to forcefully make him chew the magic fruit.