014

|| The Snowy Kingdom ||

Ten years later...

Heavy footfalls fled through the thick snow. Someone was running, trying their best to escape the being chasing them.

Suddenly, the male let out a yelp as he felt a searing pain erupt from his leg. His body caved, and he fell to the snowy ground.

The blood from his newfound wounds stained the snow.

W-Where the hell am I?

His body ached. He had been traveling for days on end, hardly stopping to sleep. For him, there was no point to sleep. Not with the nightmares that clawed in his head, tormenting him.

His life was a mess. A piece of hell, if you will. But he was too determined to lay down and die. He made a promise.

He’d be damned if he died before he fulfilled it.

He tried to pull himself up, blood trailing down his arms, following the pattern of ink that made up his tattoos. His sharp breath was visible in the cold air of the island he found himself on. Apparently he had a knack for finding himself injured on winter islands.

He had no idea where he was, or how he got into the injured state his body was in.

Spots appeared in his vision as the ravenette shook his head, trying to clear his throbbing head. His mind was racing, and his heart was pounding in his throat.

He was tired. Although, he wasn’t surprised. It had been five days since he slept.

Sucking in a deep breath, he pushed himself up to his shaky legs. He was in a dense forest, trees surrounded his every side. It gave him a sick sense of déjà vu, one he wished would just disappear.

He tried taking a step forward, only for his body to give in, and he fell back down again. This time, however, he didn’t make an attempt to stand.

The bill of his black and red hat atop his head blocked the sun from blinding his eyes. All his body wanted to do was just rest.

But he couldn’t bare to fall unconscious, for the things that haunted his mind flourished when he was out.

Damnit! Get up! Get up!

No matter how hard Daisuke protested, his body didn’t move. His eye felt heavy. His whole body felt like a stiff, cold rock.

His breathing slowed as his vision finally blurred. The last thing he saw before fully falling unconscious, was the blurry figure of some kind of... sleigh?

────𖤐────

Chopper, the reindeer who had eaten the Hito Hito no Mi, looked to his mentor, watching her closely as her face held one of deep concentration.

She expertly tended to the male’s wounds, not daring to let any of them get infected.

“We caught this one lucky, eh, Chopper? A few more hours out there and he would’ve died for sure!” Chopper’s mentor, the last free-regined doctor of Drum Island, boasted.

Chopper’s mentor, Kureha (or Doctorine as Chopper called her), chuckled to herself as she continued her work.

As Chopper looked over the unconscious male resting in their home, he couldn’t help but wonder what had happened to him.

His skin was unnaturally pale, most likely due to bloodloss. Speaking of bloodloss, the male had many wounds across his body, ranging from slash to puncture.