Chapter 17

Eddie was shaking. He had forgotten the headache that he had because of the alcohol. He was too scared about what the truth was but mainly because of Richie. He didn't know what his reaction will be when he see him outside the door waiting for answers.

What if Connor was there? Yeah , of course he wanted to disgruntle him but is was possible only n his mind because in reality he was too afraid. He arrived outside Richie's door. All the bad thoughts had left his body he was sure that all were going to be alright.

If Connor was there , he would face up him . if Richie was bad with him , he would stand that too. All he wanted it was truth and another chance.

He shook hands and resolutely prepared to knock on the door when the door opened and behind it Richie's mother appear.

Her name was Maggie. She was a nice woman not very old, She was around 38. She had long , beautiful legs and slim body . Her face had intensively jawlines. She wore make up : pink lipstick and green shadow. Her hair was curly, long and blonde ,obviously she had dyed them. She was very different from Richie and his sister. His sister was like Richie's twin in presence and a little bit in her personality, even if Richie was 2 years older than her. Eddie had met his mother and his sister before. He didn't come across them very often because his mother was always working and his sister were much antisocial even with her brother's friends.

"hello Eddie sweetie! " she said

"You came to see Richie right?"

"Umm yes" Eddie said in low voices

"Ohh thanks god! You know , he seems very upset today. Anyway he is up on his room , you can sit here as much as you want. Dina (Richie's sister) is cooking the lunch today so you can also eat here. Don't worry she is a very good cook." she said.

Before Eddie could answer Maggie looked at her watch and continued

"I have to go now sweetie otherwise i will be late and i don't want that. Working is always something very demanding. I hope you have fun" she said touching his shoulder affectionately and then she left Eddie was now more nervous.

His heart was beating faster , he started sweating again , he felt that he was breathing badly. He closed his eyes and made pretty thought : like that Connor was leaving Derry. He was standing outside the open door for 5 miutes.

"Won't you come in?" He heard a female voice.

It was Richie's sister Dina. She was a girl with tall legs , She was thin but not that much. Her hair was curly, they had always the same color as Richie's but as its seemed her had acquired a light colored style (maybe because of the sun). She was wearing black clothes. Her eyes , which was staring at Eddie, were adorned with her intense and large lashes. The only different that Eddie could can perceive was the shape if their faces. Dina's was too round.

"Hello? idiot? i'm talking! Will you come in or not?" She said in a disparaging way but at the same time not that rude.

"Ehh... yeah...sorry Dina" he opened his eyes and said he seemed a bit He entered the house and slowly walked upstairs.

He was stood outside Richie's door. He was about to opened but he thought that maybe Richie was naked or something so he knocked.

"What the fuck do you want Dina? AGAIN!" Richie said

"I...I am not Dina" Eddie said and opened the door Richie stood ,with his eyes wide open and his mouth too, opposite him.

After some seconds , with a sharp movement, Richie started arranges , the mess. He mainly tried to make the bed. He moved the covers from one side to the other very quickly and nervously as if trying to hide something. Then , when there was some space in the bed , they sat down. It was obvious that Richie tried to say something but he couldn't even articulate a word.

"Um...i basically came here to return to you...your shirt" Eddie took the initiative and spoke.

Richie was speechless and kinda nervous but he was trying to be relax. He was looking at Eddie surprised and he didn't want to speak.

"Ok listen i know what happened between us the previous days and i don't want to blame you or this...boy...Connor. I just want some answers for last night that's all. If you saw something or heard something it could be helpful to tell me. I'm not ordering you to be close to me as persons i just...you know.." Eddie said.

"You can blame this Connor shit as much as you want! I honestly don't care." Richie said with his face looking down

"Alright..." Eddie said with his heart be happy and thankful.

Did Richie really tell that? Or it was just the best dream?

"Emm...Eds...About last night..." Richie tried to find an excuse or something but he knew that he couldn't hide the truth so he started narrated the story without giving him details about what happened between them in his house.