Ember

As Bonnie Bennett walked through her school she felt tired. The witch had been working nonstop trying to open that last coffin, only for her to be knocked out when it finally happened. The witch woke up in the Salvatore mansion cranky as hell, Stefan's new attitude not helping anything. She was also more than a little worried now, it seemed everything the Salvatore brothers came up with had a way of backfiring completely.

In all honesty she had no idea why she still bothered to go along with their plans anymore. It wasn't like any of them worked. Seeing Elena waiting by her locker, she sighed, remembering why she was still dealing with the brothers.

"Did you get an invite?" The doppelgänger asked as she walked up to her,making Bonnie frown at her. Seeing an envelope in her hand she sighed, wondering how the world was going to screw her over today.

"Invite to what?" She asked as she opened her locker and grabbed her history book. Alaric always went easy on her, knowing how stressed she was, but she didn't like to take advantage. Elena sighed handing the invitation over to her.

"The Mikaelsons are throwing a ball" Elena says with a sigh and a raise of her eyebrow.

A freaking ball? Are they serious? What the hell was this? Then again if you want to get anything done in Mystic Falls all you had to do was give the people a reason to dress up

A freaking ball? Are they serious? What the hell was this? Then again if you want to get anything done in Mystic Falls all you had to do was give the people a reason to dress up. Bonnie shrugged at her best friend, making a face.

"I don't know, I spent all night with Abby, I haven't even gone home yet" she tells her making her fellow brunette raise her eyebrows at her.

"How's it going with her?" Elena asks softly. She knew her mother was a sore subject for the witch and she was grateful that Bonnie had called the woman for her.

"Pretty good actually, after getting past why she left it seemed a little easier, she's more open now" the witch admits to Elena who smiles at her softly.

"That's good" she says before looking down at the invitation once more. "Do you want to get dresses together? I can't go alone with Caroline she'll throw me in at least 30 different dresses" Elena says making Bonnie laugh at her.

"We don't even know if I'm invited" Bonnie says shrugging her shoulders as they walked out of the school. She didn't want to go, be surrounded by a bunch of vampires for no good reason. No thank you.

"You definitely were invited witchy" they hear. Turning they see Damon and Stefan walking up to them. Rolling her eyes at the vampire who had an invitation in his hand she groaned.

"You went through my mail?" She asked snatching it from him. He smirked at her happily. He did love to get a rise out of the witch, it was one of his favorite pastimes.

"Are you really that surprised? By the way, The Lingerie Addict, didn't know you had it in you Bon"he says looking her with wide eyes before looking to his brother. "It's always the quiet ones" he says making Stefan roll his eyes.