Heart

"You know it's considered impolite to touch things which aren't ours"

Hearing the voice behind her Bonnie gasped, turning quickly. For the first time tonight she was face to face with the one person who she's wanted to see dead for a long time now.

"Klaus" she says by way of greeting. Taking a note from Caroline's book she flipped her hair over her shoulder, careful to send her scent his way so he didn't notice how frazzled he made her. She wasn't going to show him any weakness tonight or ever, she'd read witch's blood was especially delicious to vampires. By the way he closed his eyes, she'd say it was true.

"Miss Bennett, always a pleasure" he says in his suave, accented voice. If she were any other girl she'd probably be drooling over him by now. He was handsome and had a gorgeous accent, not to mention he looked good in a suit. She knew what the hybrid was capable of though, she'd never forget.

"Really? Can't say I feel the same" she says walking past him, still not entirely sure where she was going but following her gut. She wasn't going to stay around him after all. Klaus raises an eyebrow at the girl but followed.

"What a way to treat your host" he says lowly as he steps in time beside her. The long and quite heavy dress slowed her down, she was left wondering what the hell possessed her to get such a dress. Oh right, Stefan. She was gonna kill him.

"I thought Esther was hosting?" She asked making him raise an eyebrow at her. She must have just met with his mother. It would explain why she was on her own wandering his mansion, then again she could have just been snooping.

"Already on a first name basis with my mother then?" He asks as she continues to walk swiftly, trying to get away from him. She hated being in his presence, the hybrid made her want to scream.

"Yes I am, she unlike others, has shown me decency and respect. Now if you'll excuse me I'd like to get back to the party now" she says continuing to walk away. She lets out a sigh of relief when he finally stops walking.

"Well if that's what you'd like you should probably turn the other way" she hears him say behind her. Closing her eyes tightly in embarrassment she stops. She felt her face turning a bit red and sighed.

"I could help you find your way back" he says. Bonnie slowly turns, noticing the shit eating grin on his face. She wishes she just could set him on fire and be done with it.

"That's not necessary, just point me in the right direction and I'll be fine" she says refraining herself from saying anything too scathing to the hybrid.

"Nonsense, What kind of man would I be if I let you walk alone, anything could happen. No idea who you could run into" he says a smirk firmly on his face as he takes her hand and puts it on the crook of his arm.

"Oh you mean like a homicidal maniac?" She asks deadpan, making him smirk down at her. He was always amused by the small witch's wicked tongue.

"Precisely" he says giving her a wolffish smile. The hybrid smiled as she just shut her mouth, allowing herself to be escorted back to the ballroom.

Niklaus Mikaelson always knew what he wanted. When he was human he wanted a happy life with a family he could paint, provide for and love. When he became a vampire he craved power and to protect his family.

After speaking with his mother Klaus knew he wanted the witch on his arm. She very special. She was feisty yet comforting to those she cared for, snarky yet playful. She was a spitfire with a loving soul. More than that she was the most loyal person he'd ever met in his long life. He always knew she was powerful and that was a draw as well. He knew he'd get her in time, he just had to be patient with her.