Chapter 1: The end is the beginning

Leafy's POV

Pin called out to me from across the road. She waved me over. I crossed the road and walked with her.

"Hi Leafy! aren't you excited for our first day of school at HavenFox High!?" Pin asked me enthusiastically. I chuckled.

"Of course Pin! I get to see you and the others again!" We laughed and she swung her arm over my shoulder. I did the same. Pin and I are in this friend group that consists of Me, Pin, Coiny, Needle, Teardrop, Woody, Barfbag and Fanny. We always met at the flagpole at our old school and we planned to do the same at HavenFox High. 

Pin and I spotted the others and waved. When we came over they hesitated to tell us what they were talking about.

"Seriously! Tell us guys!" I laughed as well as pleaded.

"Yeah we wanna laugh along." Pin begged.

The others looked at each other as if when they told us, the world were to end.

"We don't think you want to know Leafy..." Fanny sighed. Me? wouldn't want to know? HA! I wanna know EVERYTHING!

"Really guys? Me? Pin maybe-" before i could finish Pin jabbed me in the side. "Ow!" I laughed, the others laughed along with me. "As i was saying, You know me! I can't bear to not know what my friends keep from me!"

"Fine we'll tell you, you just have to promise not to freak out." Needle sighed.

"Okay! It's a done deal." For some reason when Needle said that i got scared a bit.

"Look to your left." Barf bag said. I look to my left. My heart stopped working for a second. There he stood. The Ghoster. 'what's he doing here!?'  I thought to myself.

"Firey!?" I whisper-screamed. I couldn't believe it. All this time i thought i would finally get to forget about him. But there he stood beaming off his bright hair and chatting with some boys.

"Are you mad?" Teardrop signed. Teardrop was born mute so she talks in sign language.

"No not really. just uncomfortable." My voice managed to squeak. The bell rang. 'saved by the bell!'  I thought to myself. 

"Anyways we all have homeroom together except for TD and Woody." Coiny sighed.

"see ya!" TD signed to us and waved. We all waved back. As the rest of us made it to bhomeroom giggling and chuckling. I froze to see a blazing boy in the class room. My day just can't get worse." I mumbled to myself. I stood up as the teacher explained that we could sit wherever. I took a seat in the back next to a window because i enjoy the view.

"Well I decided we shouldn't delay and get to work. The teacher insisted.

Firey must've seen me because he took a seat next to me.

"Hey..." He said giving a shy smile. 'Never mind! NOW my day can't get any worse!" I corrected myself. 

 I spot him stick a tiny piece of paper in my desk. slightly burnt. ' I wonder who this could be from" I said sarcastically in my head. I decide not to be rude and read the note. 

'I know its been a while but please let me talk to you. Meet me at the bleachers during lunch. I know you have the same Lunch time as me.'

I scoff. Turns out i scoffed too loud because he takes a quick glance at me. Oops! I decide to make it up to him by going to the bleachers at lunch. I may be his enemy but I'm not cruel.

When lunch arrives i tell my friends i'm headed to the bathroom but really i go to the bleachers. I can't believe i lied to my friends just to talk to Firey. UGH!

Firey's POV

I can see her turn the corner of the main hallway and come out from the glass door. She stops in front of me.

"So? What is it?" Leafy asks. I realize I've been quite for a few seconds.

"Oh um, right. I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I know I've been ignoring you a lot and you've been trying to stop me and get my attention and I've just ignored you and never let you talk to me... I'm always just so paranoid that everyone will hate me too. With the exception of Fanny of course." I chuckle. 

"I hate myself for ignoring you, I'm starting to realize that i haven't really true to what i said to you on the hang glider. I'm finally realizing what it is to want someone more than a good reputation. It's a good friend." She stays silent. after a few seconds she runs up to me and hugs me.

Now i know everything is gonna be okay between us.

Leafy's POV

I couldn't believe it after years he apologized. It was worth wait if it means we're friends again. Maybe everything can go back to normal.

"Friends?" He whispers into my ear.

"Friends." I chuckle and hug him tighter. When we pull away the bell rings.

"Oh no! Sorry Firey. I have to go." I say as I walk backwards to the door.

"Thats okay. See you in class?"

"See ya!" I say and turn around to push the door open and I find Pin in the hallway.

"Leafy! where were you? Were you okay in the bathroom?" Pin asks with a hint of worry. I decide it's not the right time to tell anyone considering they all hate Firey.

"I'm okay, Pin!" I say chuckling.

"Seriously Leafy! Are you okay!?" Pin shakes me by my shoulders.

"I'm fine, Pin, really. In matter of fact," I say smirking, "better than ever. But as much as i want to stay and chat we have to get to class!" I pull Pin to class.

I notice Firey is in this class! I'm so happy! I still can't believe we're friends again! Like in the last class he sits next to me. I shoot a smile at him and he shoots me one back. 

It-it almost feels like the old times. When we were friends...

Darn my first chapter and my hands already hurt.

Imma update chapters at least every other day or if possible every day.

See ya in the next chapters!