Epilogue

"I love you. I'm in love with you. I don't know when it happened, but it did. And you know what? I think you love me too, but you're too damn stubborn to admit it."

She vaulted into his arms. There wasn't a time before now she could ever remember feeling safe and secure... and loved.

"No. I'll admit it. I love you. I've been miserable without you. I want this, and I want it with you."

He held her tighter, his chest shaking with laughter. "Did you just propose?"

She jerked away and blinked again. "Yes. No. Yes."

He smiled. "Is it multiple choice?"

Greer blinked back the memory as she stood at the end of the aisle and tried to catch her breath. Jackson put his hand over his heart as if to keep it in his chest. She'd chosen an untraditional dress. No white for her, but the pale pink sufficed. The embroidered roses were a nice touch, kissing the edges of the plunging V neckline and revealing the back tattoo he loved to put his mouth to every chance he got. The way he looked at her had her toes curling in her flats.

His parents sat in the pews on the left, and hers on the other. Her mother was dressed, at least, which was as normal as it could get in her family. The tarot reader and the architect. The nudist with the young husband. And the marijuana dispenser on Greer's arm.

Her fear of not fitting into Jackson's middle class Live, Laugh, Love family had been a waste of time. Isla felt like an old friend and a newfound sister. Of course, no one could replace Ava, but Isla was dear to her. Jackson's parents loved Emma, and his mom had told Greer she'd never seen Jackson happier.

Nobody could ask for a more perfect summer day. Fluffy clouds danced across the sky, while a slight breeze stirred enough to carry the fragrance of flowers, even if they were beginning to wilt. It was the hottest summer on record, but not even heat stroke could threaten her day.

Mr Mooney waggled his eyebrows at her. His muse had finally returned, and he started a new book. Emma had helped him set up a Twitter, but he hadn't gotten the hang of it yet. Ironically, his characters had met in the parking lot of a church. She'd teased him that she better get some sort of inspiration credit in the acknowledgements section.

The chapel where it all started had been the natural choice for the ceremony and had never looked more beautiful. The real minister had said as much.

Filled with roses, greenery, and zinnia's, lacy fabric pockets hung from each pew. Baskets mixed with lilies, sunflowers, and roses that matched her dress, sat on either side.

Greer wore her hair the same as the first time Jackson saw her but had tucked a flower behind her ear.

She'd never seen him more handsome. His dark hair and bright eyes were a sharp contrast against the grey tuxedo. Next to him, sweet Emma in her purple dress.

Thank gods for waterproof makeup, she thought as tears rimmed her eyes. At the end of the aisle stood her chapter of the happily-ever-after. And she finally believed it possible.

I know this epilogue is years late, but people have been requesting it so why not? Enjoy x