𝐎𝐍𝐄

—𝙎𝙒𝙄𝙉𝙂𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙎𝙄𝙓𝙏𝙄𝙀𝙎!

❛❛ 𝙀𝘼𝙏 𝙎𝙃𝙄𝙏, 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙎𝙃𝙄𝙏-𝙀𝘼𝙏𝙀𝙍! ❜❜

~ ☂︎︎ ~

"𝘿𝙄𝙀𝙂𝙊, 𝙔𝙊𝙐'𝙑𝙀 𝘽𝙀𝙀𝙉 awfully quiet this morning."

Diego sat in a sharing circle at the Holbrook Sanitarium, looking disheveled in his hospital outfit and long hair. "Just taking it all in, Doc. Letting all the healing shit wash over me." With a sigh of dissatisfaction, Dr. Moncton preceded. "Last week you mentioned your father," Diego nodded, "How your whole childhood felt like some kind of experiment."

"It was an experiment," Diego confirmed, not that the doctor would actually know. "Hm. Or did it just feel like an experiment?"

"No, it literally was an experiment."

The doctor continued. "Let's dig deeper. You say your father is a villain," he said, looking down at his notes on Diego. "Hell yeah." He looked back at his clipboard. "So you had to play hero to make Daddy mad." The woman seated next to Diego let out a laugh.

"I'm a grown-ass man, Dr. Moncton..."

"...Who still defines himself in opposition to his father. His dead father. That isn't really defining yourself, is it, Diego?"

"Yeah, why don't you tell that to Luke Skywalker?" Of course, Star Wars wouldn't be released for over another 10 years. "I know you don't get it, but that is an excellent reference."

"Humor is good, truth is better. Who is the real Diego?"

Diego was tired of this shit, just done with it. He wanted to leave. He needed to make himself look better, or at least buy himself some more time. "I don't know," Diego started, preparing some sort of sappy speech with tears, "I guess I've never known. But I'm ready, I'm ready to find out."

The rest of the patients started a slow applause, Diego nodding in appreciation. "Thank you, Diego. Okay, quiet time until lunch."

"You're so full of shit." Lila Pitts, the woman sitting next to Diego, whispered in his ear. "Tears too much?" He questioned. "He saw right through it," she assured. The look on the doctor's face was pretty convincing to Diego. "No, he totally ate that shit up."

Lila smirked. "Bet you three lunch Jell-O's you're wrong." Diego smirked back, "You're on." She motioned towards the doctor, "All right." She eyed him as he made his way over.

"Dr. Moncton. Hey, you got a sec?"

"Sure Diego. What is it?" Diego fiddled with his fingers. "I've been, uh, doing a lot better lately, haven't I?" He nodded. "True. You're calmer now, less combative. It's nice to see you opening up in group."