𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙄𝘼!

❛❛ 𝙄 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 𝙔𝙊𝙐, 𝘽𝙐𝙏 𝙄 𝙃𝘼𝙑𝙀 𝙏𝙊 𝙂𝙊

❛❛ 𝙄 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 𝙔𝙊𝙐, 𝘽𝙐𝙏 𝙄 𝙃𝘼𝙑𝙀 𝙏𝙊 𝙂𝙊. ❜❜

~ ☂︎︎ ~

"𝙄 𝙏𝙊𝙇𝘿 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙄𝙏 wasn't going to work Luther."

"That doesn't mean I couldn't have tried," he protested. "We should've stayed in Dallas. Instead, we wasted a week traveling to Toronto only for your self-esteem to be shattered by Dad, who, by the way, doesn't even know who you are," I said. I was annoyed with him, like I always was. But now he had to hold up his end of the bargain.

"You told me that if this didn't work, we would be heading straight back to Dallas," I stated. "I guess it's back to begging on the streets." I began to walk away from the not-yet Academy, Luther trailing behind me.

It took a couple of days, but we eventually had enough money for a bus fare back to Dallas. As we were about to board the bus, the driver stopped us.

"Hey, I recognize you! You're the kind girl from last week," he recalled. "Yes I am, sir," I smiled at him. "I wanted to thank you for that tip. I was able to buy something nice for my wife," he said. "If it's not too much, I would be happy to let y'all ride for free. My boss doesn't have to know," he winked at us.

"That would be wonderful," I responded. Luther and I arrived in Dallas, now with some extra cash because of the kindness of the bus driver. We started asking around to see if we could find the rest of our family, but to no avail.

One day, Luther and I were walking down the street when someone pulled me into an alleyway. I could've easily fought him off but Luther had already stepped in and knocked him out with a single punch. I huffed. "You know I could have handled him, but thank you." He nodded. "Now we should go before this looks a little too...shady."

We began to walk away when a man stopped us. I was ready to fight but he didn't look like he wanted to attack us. He pointed to Luther.

"That was a fast knock out. You lookin' for a job?"

~ ☂︎︎ ~

𝙒𝙀 𝙃𝘼𝘿 𝘽𝙀𝙀𝙉 working for Jack Ruby for about two weeks. Working as in Luther learning how to fight for show, and me standing in the corner watching it all go down. It started to get boring, but at least we had housing and a little money. Ruby was quick to bribe Luther with care so he would work for him.