𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝙄'𝙈 𝙊𝙐𝙏!

❛❛ 𝙄 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙆 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝘾𝘼𝙉 𝙃𝘼𝙉𝘿𝙇𝙀 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙎 𝙊𝙉 𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙍 𝙊𝙒𝙉

𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙍 𝙊𝙒𝙉. ❜❜

~  ☂︎︎  ~

𝙄 𝙎𝘼𝙏 𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙀 𝙄𝙉 𝙎𝙄𝙇𝙀𝙉𝘾𝙀, processing what had just been said to me.

"You what?"

"When I first joined the Commission, the Handler told me she had a special job for me. And when I saw my target, I refused to do it. But, she said she would fire me and leave me back in the apocalypse if I didn't follow her orders. So I shot you."

I nodded, taking in his explanation. "And why didn't you tell me?" I asked. I sounded tense. I was tense.

"Well I- I was worried, y'know. That you wouldn't want to talk to me. Especially since I left seventeen years ago and was suddenly there again. I didn't want you to be mad," Five reasoned. "Five, I wouldn't have been mad if you had just explained this to me right away. Now I'm extremely frustrated because you felt like I wouldn't be okay with it."

"I fucking shot you and you stopped aging!"

"And if you didn't we wouldn't even be here! They would have left you for dead in the apocalypse. You think I care about my age? I don't give a shit. I want you and everyone else to be safe. And I can't do that if you're not going to be completely transparent with me!"

My knuckles started to turn pale from how hard I was gripping my chair. "Of course I trust you! And I try to be as transparent as possible. I told you one of the biggest secrets just now!"

"Because the old you brought it up! What would you have done if he never said anything?" He was provoking me. I don't know if he was trying to help, but whatever he was doing clearly did the opposite.

"I would have never told you. Maybe it would've been better that way." I scoffed. "Sure."

"Now hold on a second. Have you been telling me everything?" I paused. "What do you mean?"

"I asked you what happened with Maria. You said you had a proper goodbye. What does that even mean?" He questioned. "It means a proper goodbye. What else could it mean? I just had my...final moments with her."

He rolled his eyes. "I heard you hesitate when I asked about Maria. I know you aren't telling the complete truth. You said you wanted me to be transparent. You have to be too." I released my grip from the chair. There was a red indent in my hands from how hard I was holding on to the seat.