Chapter Three - That's A Nice Name..

"So are you going to go?" Bob asked me while he was flipped a hamburger patty.

"Go to the party?" I asked, with a raised brow.

Today was particularly slow. I didn't have much work to do, there was only one customer here for the lunch rush—which wasn't good at all. Bob was complaining how less and less people were appreciating real food. They only wanted the over priced gourmet stuff. Which I had to agree with.

For example, Nancy being an executive administrative assistant for healthcare company meant she always wanted to live above her means—she refused to eat in places like this diner (even though we have the best food for miles), she only wanted to be spotted in places with fancy little drinks and bland salads.

So, with more and more people developing that mentality—Bob and I continued to have slower days. I.e today, which was why I was sitting down at the counter, running my mouth instead of actually working.

"Yes!" He said.

"Well...I don't know." I said, tracing the little patterns in the counter with my fingers.

"Carla, how many times do I have to tell you. Do not pass this up. If you don't go, I'll go for you."

Now that made me laugh.

"How can you go for me?" I asked, not being able to stop the continuous laughter bubbling from the bottom of my throat.

"Gimme a dress, they won't be able to tell the difference." He replied teasingly.

"Oh I'm sure they will." I replied.

"How so?"

"For starters, you don't have the body."

"Oh please." He said, striking a pose. "Everybody there will think nothin' but good thoughts about this body!"

"My goodness, Bobby you are something else." I replied, finally letting the laughter fizzle out.

"Mhm. Now take this over to that gentleman over there." He said, handing me a plate that looked absolutely delicious. There was a burger, with perfectly golden fries, and little thing of ketchup on the side.

I grabbed the plate from him, then made my way to the customer who was staring out the windows at the park across the street.

"Here you go sir." I said to him.

"Thank you." He replied finally looking at me.

When we made eye contact, my breath was taken away. To say he was handsome was an understatement. He had his curly hair pushed back, showing off his chiseled jaw line. He had on a long sleeve collared white shirt, with black slacks and expensive looking loafers. He also had a briefcase sitting next to him. The most breathtaking part about him wasn't his adorable button nose, or his beautifully shaped lips—it was his eyes.

They were almost green, but looked to be more blue then green. I was absolutely mesmerized. Once I realized I had been staring at him like an oaf, I blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

"A-are those your real eyes?"

He chuckled, as if he was amused by my blatant stupidity. Of course those were his real eyes!

"Yes." He replied, showing off a perfect smile; so bright, it could probably light up the entire room.

"My goodness I'm sorry. Uh...here's your food." I said, setting it down in front of him finally.

"Wait!" He said, when my back was turned and I was halfway back to the counter.

"Yes sir?"

He gestured for me to come back to him so I did.