Chapter Twenty One - Ain't That the Truth

I woke up the next morning bright and early, regardless of how late I snuck back in the house last night.

I was up, even earlier then Nancy, which was very uncommon. I was throwing my hair up into a ponytail by the time she finally made it into the bathroom, rubbing her eyes, and yawning.

"Oh, hey Carla." She said. "What are you doing here? I thought you spent the night at Ryders?"

"Nope." I sighed. "Ryder had...other plans last night."

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Well, I went over there last night and he wouldn't let me inside of his apartment. Then, a few seconds later, I heard some girl call his name from inside. Not to mention he didn't have a shirt on, and he had an extreme case of bed hair."

"Are you kidding me?" Nancy asked. "Ryder wouldn't do that."

"Apparently, he would."

"Oh come on, we know him. There is no way! Did you even ask him?"

I shook my head. "Nope, I left before he could see me cry. I mean what should I have asked? Why else is there a female calling your name, in your apartment where, you currently have your shirt off?"

She bit her lip. "That does sound bad. Damn girl you have the worst luck with guys."

"I know right." Then I glanced at her. "How are you doing in the guy department? We almost never talk about your love life."

"That's because it's non existent." She replied, then proceeded to pee right with me in the bathroom.

"Seriously?" I asked, trying my hardest to not look at her.

"What? We do this all the time."

I shook my head. "No you do this all the time, and every time I ask you not to."

"Whatever." She replied, and then she was pushing me out of the way so she could wash her hands.

"Did you even wipe?" I asked.

"Yup, you would've known that if you were looking at me."

I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways. I met this guy last night. I thought I liked him, but I realized that I was just super mad at Ryder and I wanted revenge."

"Oh, okay." She replied, putting toothpaste on her brush.

"I'm telling you this, because I think you'd like him. He's easy on the eyes, and he's really charismatic."

"I'm starting to give up on love, but okay. I'll try it and see." She replied.

"I think I left his number on my nightstand." I said.

With her tooth brush in her mouth, she nodded her head, then exited the bathroom.

****

"I can't believe this is real. And I can't believe yesterday was your last day being opened."

It was around eleven now, and Bobby and I were sitting inside of his empty and closed restaurant, going over the paperwork. I had arrived early, just like he asked me too—and had been here, trying to figure things out since nine am.

"I know." Bobby replied. "It's bittersweet, but I'm ready for a new chapter. I don't want to look back on my life and only see me working hard. Hell, maybe I'll take a little trip next."

I nodded my head. "You should, it's extremely therapeutic."

We continued chatting for a few moments, but then there was a loud knock on the restaurant door. We both glanced over, luckily the doors were glass so we could see through them easily.