Chapter Eighteen - Dominated It.

After the beautiful ceremony, all the guests found their way to the reception space that Jeremy and Katerina rented out—although, now Katerina and Jackson would be using it. But, at least it was still being used.

The ceremony after Jackson's big and dramatic outburst, pretty much went by smoothly.

Of course there was still some angry guests who didn't like the fact that Katerina was going to be married to a man they didn't know—but Katerina seemed truly happy.

Surprisingly, even Jeremy showed up to the reception. He seemed to be cheery enough, dancing on the dance floor with all the other guests, while Katerina and Jackson slow danced like no one was around; gliding across the floor like their feet weren't even touching the ground.

They looked so peaceful and, serene.

"Don't they look nice?" Nancy said.

Her chomping on a fat slice of cake, immediately dragged me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah." I sighed. "They look good together."

"What's wrong?" Nancy asked, licking the frosting off of her fingers. "Everything worked out well, but you still seem...upset."

"I'm not." I replied. "Actually, I need to go talk to Jeremy. I'm going to tell him off and then we're going to go back to the hotel."

"Aww, but I wanted to get drunk." Nancy whined.

"Which is something you can do there."

"But here, there's free shrimp."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, then you can stay—I'm going to go."

I walked away then, not even allowing another response to come from her. I went straight to a Jeremy who was currently twirling some brunette.

"Jeremy." I said, once I got close to him.

He glanced at the girl, and said, "Excuse me." Then came over to me. "What's up?" He asked.

"We need to talk."

"I agree, but not here. Now that I'm single again I think it'd be best if you call things off with Ryder, so we can figure out what's going on between the two of us."

I exhaled, a loud and annoyed breath. "Are you kidding me?" I was shaking with anger. "You expect me to just, be there for you after you were planning on getting married today?! The only reason why you want me to call things off with Ryder now is because Katerina chose Jackson."

"That's not true, you heard what I said at the wedding!"

"I didn't come over here to talk about your last minute attempt to save face with me. If Jackson hadn't showed up, you'd be married right now." I swallowed, then continued. "So with that fact in mind, I think it's best if, whatever is going on between the two of us ends."

"What?" He asked, then tried to grasp my hands. "No, I want you Carla."

"Too bad Jeremy, because I am done. I am so absolutely, beyond done with you."

"For what?!" He yelled, causing a few curious glances to be casted our direction.

"Just—stop—okay? Have a nice life."

"This isn't over Carla!" He yelled to me, while I was walking away from him.

When I returned to my seat, I found Ryder there, sitting and talking with Nancy. They both had smiles on their faces, as Nancy seemed to be entertaining Ryder with one of her crazy stories.