Chapter Twenty - Caution to the Wind

I blinked rapidly trying to, fully, understand what he was telling me.

Suddenly, I felt like princess Tiana, you know, getting my own restaurant and all. My heart started beating rapidly because I was so excited, and so close to making my dreams come true.

I'd never been more happy then I was right now.

They say things happen when you least expect it, and in the midst of a huge scandal I was not expecting myself to obtain something I've wanted since I was six years old.

"Hello?" Bobby said, snapping his fingers in my face. "Earth to Carla..." he continued.

My eyes snapped back to his, clearly confused ones. "I-I'm sorry. I just...think, I'm in shock. Bobby...do you really want to do this?" I asked.

He smiled, then nodded his head. "I've been wanting to do this for a while. I wasn't sure who I'd give this old dump to, but then I realized the perfect person was staring me right in the face. I mean, you spend so much time here, and I've never met someone as passionate as you, about opening their own restaurant,"

I came around to be inside of the kitchen with him, and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Oh, thank you Bobby! I love you!" I yelled.

"You're welcome, now easy. There's still customers in here."

I glanced around at the customers who were sitting at the window booths, currently rubbing their bellies and talking so quietly, that I couldn't understand what they were saying. Thomas was taking their cards so he could pay for their meals, but it looked like they were about ready to leave.

The crazy and wild day had finally come to an end.

"I'll go...get the dishes off all the tables." I said, a huge grin still plastered on my face.

Bobby gave me his side smirk, and nodded his head. "Yeah, you do that."

I hurriedly collected each dish and put them inside of this big grey plastic box, that I was holding up against my waist. And then, after I was finished with that I brought the box to the kitchen, where Bobby proceeded to dump those dishes into the sink, filled with water.

Then, as usual, I wiped down all the tables, scrubbed the seats, and just because I was in a good mood I swept and mopped the floors, while waving goodbye to Thomas, who had just finished his own duties.

I wiped a small bead of sweat from my forehead, and then stood there admiring my handiwork. The restaurant looked, immaculately cleaned. You couldn't even tell there was a horde of people here today, that made a huge mess.

"Bobby, I think I'm finished." I said.

He took a glance around, and gave an appreciative whistle. "Clean as a whip. I should've told you I was retiring weeks ago."

I giggled.

"Alright, well thank you Carla. Make sure you're here bright and early tomorrow, so you can sign some paperwork."

"You have the paperwork already?" I asked, raising my brow.

He nodded. "Yeah, I've had it drawn up for weeks. You always need to plan in advance."

"Okay, I'll be here early tomorrow then." I said, then placed the broom and mop back in their spots. "Thanks again Bobby." I said.

"No problem, now you get home safe."

****

"Nancy!" I said, finally entering the apartment after a particularly uncomfortable taxi ride.