xv. dance with me

listen to flightless bird for this chapter.
that's all i have to say.

i don't mind if we take our time .

.       .       .       .       .       .       .      .       .       .

DANCE WITH ME!

c h a p t e r     f i f t e e n

.       .      .       .       .       .       .       .       .       .

CHARLOTTE WAS NERVOUS. Prom was tonight and she had absolutely no clue what she was going to wear, how she was going to do her hair, how she would do her makeup, this was a nightmare almost as scary as being hunted by a very old vampire. Edward had told her that was an easy problem to fix, but now she wasn't so sure, the dance was only a couple of hours away and she was still without an outfit. Sierra suggested that she wear one of her old prom dresses Vivian kept in the attic, that got a sour look from Charlotte. It's not that she really cared about the dance, she was only going because Edward asked her if anyone else did she'd probably have said no, she just wanted to look perfect because Edward was. There was never a wrinkle in his clothes, a hair out of place, or a misperfection on his skin. Charlotte could never compare to him.

Every single cosmetic item was sprawled out over her mattress, standing in front of the bathroom mirror for more than an hour would be uncomfortable, anything length amount of time she spent putting weight on her bad leg was painful, yet another reason to be wary of a high school dance, she felt bad Edward and she would probably barely be able to dance.

"Oh my god, how do I even do prom makeup?" Charlotte looked down at the products with unease, she hoped she wouldn't turn herself into a clown. Her hand reached for foundation when someone knocked at her door, she figured it was Grandma Viv trying to get her to eat again, only about three bites of food had made it into her mouth today, Charlotte didn't want to look even the slightest bit bloated in her dress, whatever she would end up wearing. "Come in!"

She was almost shocked to see who walked into the door, "Oh no, Charlotte, let me do that," Alice took the foundation bottle from her hands, "Rosalie come on," the other Cullen sister came in holding a long dress in her hands covered by a white bag. "Sit up straight," Alice instructed, she already had multiple brushes in her hands. "Don't worry by the time we're done with you, you'll be even more beautiful than before. Edward would pass out if he could."