xliv. it feels right

you are my today and all of my tomorrows .

.      .      .      .      .      .      .      .     .     .      .

IT FEELS RIGHT

c h a p t e r    f o r t y - f o u r

.      .      .     .      .      .      .      .      .     .      .

SOMETIMES WHAT YOU WANT just isn't quite possible in the moment. Now was one of those times, Charlotte just wanted to take a hot shower and curl up under the comfortable sheets of her bed, before now she's never realized how lucky she is to have a comfortable mattress and a warm place to sleep.

But right now what Charlotte wanted had to wait, there were more important things to deal with, per usual. For example her selfish desire to be back in the safety of her own home was so inconsiderate compared to where she was headed right now. She was being selfish and thinking everything important for the day was over, she was so exhausted that she hardly even remember one of her friends just had half the bones in his body shattered.

Instead of heading back to Sierra and Vivian, Charlotte demanded Edward drive her to the reservation, boundaries didn't matter right now, Carlisle had sped over to the Black household as soon as the Volturi left.

She just hoped Jacob was okay, well obviously he wasn't, but she prayed he would be healing up soon, his wolf healing abilities are more helpful now than ever. When the Volvo pulled up to the tiny red house Charlotte practically leaped from the car, only stopping when she saw the bright orange ford truck parked in the middle of the drive way.

How the hell were they going to explain this to Bella?

Charlotte looked around at the pack's faces, their expressions were serious and worried, but the Swan girl was nowhere to be seen, Charlotte was about to ask where she was before her words were cut off by a scream.

Bile rose in her throat at the sound and a hand rose to cover her mouth.

"It's being going on for awhile," Quil looked grim as he stood by the door. "The Doc is rebreaking his bones."

"Why did he have to but in? I could've taken that tick!" Leah was shaking her head frantically, her hair draped over her face as her head hung low, making it difficult to see how she was dealing.