xxxiii. different sides

it is both a blessing and a curse to feel everything so very deeply .

. . . . . . . . . .

DIFFERENT SIDES

c h a p t e r t h i r t y - t h r e e

. . . . . . . . . .

EDWARD STUCK TO HIS WORD. When Charlotte's eyes fluttered open the next morning laying down on the new bed in his room, he was right there with his arms wrapped around her peacefully waiting for her to wake up. She noticed his eyes were back to their golden color.

"Good morning." He was smiling down at her, "how did you sleep?"

Charlotte thought about her dream for a second but then blocked it away, "fine."

"You're lying." Edward caught her pause. "What happened?"

"Nothing," she assured him, pushing herself up so she could kiss his cheek, "It was nothing." Another lie. Charlotte didn't if she could block the dream from her mind for that long. "Where did you guys go?" She always liked to know, how fast they could travel amazed her.

"Northern California, they have an overload of mountain lions at the moment."

The human girl snorted, "I'm sure they don't anymore." Edward laughed and stood up from the bed.

"I'll wait downstairs, Esme made breakfast for you." Charlotte put a hand over her heart, that woman was a saint. Her hugs were the best, and she never failed to provide Charlotte with food despite their dietary differences.

Charlotte changed out of her pajamas and went to wash her face in Edward's bathroom, she stared at herself in the mirror for a moment, trying to imagine if she was different. The weird thing about it was that it wasn't that hard to picture. She could see herself with pale skin and golden eyes, her body temperature the same as the icy water splashing onto her face. Charlotte snapped out of her daze hoping that Edward couldn't catch anything coming from her mind, she would talk to him about it later. Right now, Charlotte was too busy questioning everything. If she did become a vampire, she wouldn't have to run for the rest of her life, and she could spend forever with Edward and that was everything she's ever wanted. But what about all the other things that came with it, and what would Edward say about her sudden uncertainty?