xli. say no to this

seven billion smiles and only yours pours life into me .

.       .       .       .       .       .       .       .       .       .      .

SAY NO TO THIS

c h a p t e r   f o r t y - o n e

.       .       .       .       .       .       .       .       .       .       .

THE SUN WAS SHINING BRIGHTLY when Charlotte woke up. Last night definitely did not go the way she thought it was going to go, she just expected to sit on the luxurious couch in the Cullen's tv room and watch movies until she passed out on the couch cushions,
but now instead of that, Charlotte Stone was now Edward Cullen's fiancé.

Fiancé.

That still sounded crazy in her head.

She could feel the ring on her hand, which now felt heavier with the jewelry sitting on it. The ring was gorgeous, before it was placed on her finger it belonged to Elizabeth Masen, Edward's mother. It was round with many tiny diamonds set in rows, the band was silver and delicate. Charlotte's never seen something so beautiful in her entire life.

Edward left her alone so she could change into a fresh pair of clothes, and it was nice for her to finally have some free time to think, even if it was just a few minutes. She was so afraid of what the rest of the day had in store, from what Alice had seen so far, the newborns were coming tonight.

Nothing will happen.

Everyone will be fine.

Those two sentences had been replaying in Charlotte's head since she woke up in Edward's arms.

The newborns weren't the only she was scared for though, Charlotte was also scared about her wedding. Edward said they could just take a road trip to Vegas, but she didn't want that, not really. She wanted something more meaningful, but she didn't want a big white wedding, she didn't want everyone in town commenting on their marriage. But that all felt impossible with Alice in the picture, she would never let them get away with doing something small, or making it official without her even being there, Charlotte felt guilty for not thinking about her and Rose.