xxv. the only reason

thinking of you is a poison i drink too often .

.       .       .       .      .       .       .       .       .        .       .

THE ONLY REASON

c h a p t e r t w e n t y - f i v e

.       .       .       .       .       .       .       .       .       .       .

ALICE STUCK TO HER WORD. She practically followed Charlotte anywhere she went around the house as long as it didn't reveal she was there to Sierra and Vivian, they thought it was best to keep it a secret for now. The past three days had been rough, Grandma Viv was sick again, and grieving over the loss of her friend, she wasn't even well enough to attend his funeral that was later in the day. Charlotte was beyond happy to see Alice, but she also wanted to cry whenever she looked at the small vampire, it reminded her of him and how much she wished that he were back too. Apparently the whole family was well, they were trying to adjust to their new life but nothing usually was hard for them, so it didn't take long.

The Cullen girl was shuffling through Charlotte's collection of dresses trying to find something for her to wear, but Charlotte didn't really see why it mattered.

"I appreciate the help Alice, but it doesn't matter what I'm wearing, no one will be paying attention to me."

"Fashion can subside the pain of tragedy," the girl said, shoving a black dress with lace sleeve into Charlotte's hands. The brunette changed and frowned at herself in the mirror.

"If only Rosalie were here to do my hair."

"You look beautiful," Alice pushed her towards the stairs. "Will's here," she said.

Charlotte had called Will to stay with Grandma Viv while she and Sierra went to Harry's funeral. He was the only person she could think of that wouldn't be going and the only one she could trust to leave with the woman, Vivian seemed to like him too, so it all worked out well.

She was lucky though, Harry Clearwater's funeral would only be the third one she's ever been to in her life, not many people's she's known to have passed thankfully. Charlotte hoped that would never change.