xxiv. cold water

sometimes you just have to let go and see what happens .

.       .       .       .      .       .       .        .       .       .       .

COLD WATER

c h a p t e r t w e n t y - f o u r

.       .       .       .       .        .       .       .       .       .      .

VICTORIA WAS BACK. At least, that's what the pack had let slip at Emily's. Apparently, ever since they finished off Laurent, her pale flawless complexion and fiery red hair have been showing up in the woods every now and then. And it's not that she didn't trust the wolves, she enjoyed their company before she knew about them so why would she despise them now? Charlotte was just wary about their ability, she thought vampires were the strongest and most indestructible beings on earth, but werewolves better than them? She really didn't want any of them getting hurt on behalf of their "promise." Charlotte would be having a little talk with Grandma Viv about that one.

But for the past forty-eight hours she's been worrying nonstop, and not sleeping but that wasn't really anything new. Charlotte would sit on her bed waiting and listening, thinking that every little creak or sound she heard throughout the night was a vampire coming to kill her. It wasn't a very nice feeling, and the only thing she could think of to try and make it go away was trying to see him. Seeing Edward could take her mind off any topic, no matter how important or unsettling. That's why Charlotte had called Will, she figured she should give Bella a couple more days to process the news that her boyfriend is also a supernatural creature, but she didn't know about Edward, and Charlotte selfishly hoped it stayed like that.

Will was giving her a ride to the reservation, she wasn't going to see anyone, but she was copying the actions she witnessed back when Jacob first started to repair the bikes. Cliff diving seemed like a risky enough act to get her mind to conjure him up again.

"Thanks again for the ride," Charlotte said.

"It's no problem," Will assured, "needed something to do today anyway."

She nodded and tried to figure out a way to explain to him what she was going to be doing, "I have a few things I need to do around here though, alone if you don't mind. It won't take too long, you can wait on the beach for me if you want."