xxxi. long time no see

if i know what love is, it's because of you .

.       .       .       .        .       .       .       .       .      .       .

LONG TIME NO SEE

c h a p t e r     t h i r t y - o n e

.       .       .       .       .       .       .      .       .       .       .

"DO YOU REALLY THINK I SHOULD SEND HIM ONE?" Charlotte was playing with the small envelope while sitting on her bed, Edward was right next to her. "I don't even expect him to come, but I think it would make me feel better if he at least knew." Her father was a sensitive subject, he always would be. He was another thing Charlotte tried to keep her mind off of around Edward, she didn't before, she wanted to be as open with him as possible, but now after he 'popped the question' I guess you could say, Charlotte doesn't want to think about Nico. The man is just another reason she's hesistating in her answer. She doesn't have a dad that would be willing to walk her down the aisle, he'd probably just come for the booze.

"He should be aware of you graduating." Edward had a frown on his face, he could see small memories in her mind of the man. "He's you father, even if he doesn't act like it."

"You're right. I'll mail it tomorrow." She set the envelope on her bedise table and leaned into Edward, "what are you gonna do this weekend while I'm away? Go shopping withe your sisters?" Charlotte laughed at the thought. Sierra had suprised her with all of a sudden with a "girls trip" they would be taking over the weekend to Portland, they would be staying in a hotel, shopping, and just taking a quick break from everything before graduation, Charlotte felt like she was bailing out on Alice and Rosalie but she figured they had plenty of time in the future to go shopping together. Charlotte didn't know how often she'd be able to see Sierra and Vivian after the summer, it made her sad.

"I'll be here, waiting for you to come back." Edward kissed her hand.

"No, actually do something, I feel like I steal you away from your family, go spend time with them."

"They're fine, my family has been with eachother for a very long time remember?"

Charlotte rolled her eyes, how could she forget something like that? "Yeah yeah, I'm serious though."