xxx. friends

love is it's own protection .

.       .       .       .       .       .       .       .       .       .

FRIENDS

c h a p t e r    t h i r t y

.       .      .       .       .       .       .       .       .       .

ROSALIE AND EMMETT HAD GRADUATED  last year, so now there were only three Cullen siblings walking through the halls of Forks High, but they still drew just as much attention. Especially since one of them walked down the halls hand in hand with Charlotte Stone. The girl felt overwhelmingly ordinary whenever she walked through any place with Edward, everyone around would stare at him like he was some art piece crafted by God himself, and he really looked like he was. Charlotte would rarely be spared any second glances, she didn't mind it though. She liked to think that all the fellow students were just staring around and trying to remember all their classmates faces before they graduated in a few weeks, posters and countdowns had been put up all around the school.

It was surprising when the siblings started to sit with Charlotte at lunch to say the least, she really wished she could go back to the day they returned to school, just to see the look on Mike and Jessica's faces when Alice, Jasper, and Edward sat down with them, the food almost fell out from their mouths. The rest of the table didn't seem to really mind their company though, in fact the rest of them seemed used to it by now, like it had always been like this and nothing had changed.

There was a certain buzz that had arrived in the air at school too, everyone seemed light and airy, like they didn't have a worry in the world. Charlotte felt the opposite, her grades and college applications were like a large gray stormcloud hanging over her head, almost all of her friends had already declared where they would be advancing their educations, it was starting to get embarrassing when she would have to tell people that she's still "undecided".

"I have more applications," Edward told her as they neared the cafeteria, "I can help you with them tonight maybe," he held up a few papers and handed them to Charlotte who stared at him crazily.

"How are you finding places that are still taking applications," she handed the pile of paper right back to him, "most deadlines were due months ago, there's no hope. I'll look at them later," she didn't want to stress about everything more than she had to, but there were just so many things that came with graduation, college, and oh yeah, starting her life on the run.