Chapter 1: Battle Of Okinawa

Warning: Violence, Cenored Cursing, mention of rape, and racial words during the time period.

I felt like the first one was too rushed up and too much of a bland ripoff on a chapter of Leewashinton's Marine story.

This is a second attempt but still keeps some parts of the oringal chapter including a diary to Cpl_John_Miller.

Enjoy this rewrite chapter.

===

World War 2 was the most destructive conflict in human history. The war started when Nazi German and the USSR invaded Poland in 1939 although some say that it actually begun in China during the Marco Polo Bridge Incident. Regard to any claimed, it took many lives of both military and civilians. While the war in Europe was over, the war in the Pacific was getting into its worse stage. The U.S. forces invaded Okinawa that was 400 miles from mainland Japan. Determined to fight to the very end, most Japanese troops refused to surrendered. They even forced Okinawans to commit sucide telling them if they don't die, their American captors will do horrible things to them. While it was partly true due to records of rape and mutilation of Japanese dead, the Americans did their best to prevent these sucides. One Marine however will discover something that no one knows about.

===
Okinawa, 1945

To my Dear Cousin, Corporal John Miller,

War in the Pacific is still raging on. The empire of Japan is way different from Nazi Germany as most of their soldiers won't surrender. They usually pretend to surrender to US troops to take many lives as possible. They were forced the native Okinawans to take their lives so they won't be toture by the devils (That's what the Japanese called us). While some are true due to some withness and claims of rape, we did our best to prevent these sucides. So far this is only getting bloodier. I'll do my best to surive this hellhole.

Semper Fi, your cousin,

C. Miller.

The rain could be heard outside the tent of the verteran Marine. C.J. Miller had been in the United States Marine Corp for 4 years. He first enlisted after Pearl Harbor was bombed and completed Marine boot camp. He had also been picked to be part of the elite Marine Raiders before it was disbanded in 1944 where he met fellow Marines such as Tom Sullivan and John Roebuck. Miller had been in the Makin Atoll raid, Guaducalcanal (Carlson's Partol), Battle of Cape Glousester, Peleliu, and now currently in Okinawa.

Just like others, he expected the war with the Japanese to be over soon but it was dragging on whereas from the European theater, the war was won. As he was recollecting his thoughts, Roebuck came into the tent.

"Got so good rest Miller? Because we got partol duty to do." John Roebuck explained.

C. Miller sighed but he knew that it was his job as a US Marine. "Well got some rest. I'll be there in a minute."

"Okay. See you soon." John Roebuck said as he left the tent.

C. Miller put on his web gear and sliped his haversack on. Next he place his M1 camoflague covered helmet on. Finally he got his M1 Garand rifle, M3 Grease gun, and M1911A1 colt pistol. After checking his gear, he headed to the partol group.