Unknown

I feel unknown, yet, far from extinction. Like a piece of me is lost in space and yet my feet continue to fossilize within the surface of the earth. I choose to stay here, because even though I find myself not truly knowing oneself, I am gazed upon by millions. They know me, my name, my heritage, though not who I truly am. 

I continue to have so many questions that when I call upon one, I feel cursed with many. I have been stuck on this path my whole life, without the knowledge I was born to change, and in a way evolve through my life. Without knowing it I feel myself attaching on to my surroundings, like they are the things that hold me in place and maybe they do. People choose to know me, that is their decision, not mine. So why do I feel myself fading like if I am not acknowledged, my presence is nothing.  At night my shadows dance with me in almost undeniable unison but by day I feel myself slipping, searching for an anchor, am I still lost? I need answers if not for myself, then for the ones to come. On the most transparent nights, my soul lights up like an asteroid, but still with no path or sense of direction. In the end, am I truly luminescent? 

As the sun shines through I know now that I have faded, my soul rejected. My life now is like a puzzle with missing pieces, myself gone but my anchor holds on. And without knowing it my life will forever shine brighter at night.