You Part 2

Why now? why at this very moment would you decide to come back into my life?

I used to make up stories about us, and now when I’ve decided I’m over all of it, here you are, you with your perfectly imperfect soul, asking just for me.

In some ways my heart knows you more than I do and it’s jumping at this chance, but my body knows you’ve caused me too much pain. I’m sitting here playing our story in my mind, and after everything that has happened, I’m not sure you are worth it now.

I used to think you were my Hercules, someone who could chase all the demons away but now, I’m not so sure. The memories of us keep replaying in my mind, I wanted so much of you back then, and you weren’t even mine. 

Now, I don’t know what to do, you’ve chipped at my heart to many times and I want to love you but I’m afraid of forever. Forever with you sounds like I’m walking on cloud nine, but what if you decide to jump. 

I would like to think Hercules is still somewhere inside you, and with one gentle touch you could settle my demons all over again. So, I’m letting in and giving up. 

I never did fill your spot with someone else because honestly, you never left it, and being truly honest, they never stood a chance, because your chances, were always endless. 

                                                                           Always, yours