One

You know I love you, and I know you don’t feel the same and a part of me is okay with that, but the other part wants to die. So I’ll live my life and you live yours, and maybe one day, just maybe, you’ll realise the thing I’ve known all along. 

I just want to go back to the past, go back and stop the feelings that were about to start, or at least give you time to let yours grow. My love for you came suddenly and all at once, and my mind couldn’t keep up. I don’t know why my heart choose you, but even now I find my self choosing you over everyone, and you don’t even realise. 

I thought you loved me once or at least liked me, it was a long time ago, too long for someone like you to hold onto for as long as I have, and now I think you’ve forgotten we were anything. 

Looking back, our relationship was give and take, I would always give and you could only take, but I don’t think you noticed. You took my heart, body and mind and threw them in the trash, you used me in ways that by the end of it, my soul drained, but I still wanted you close.

Now, it feels like we haven’t spoken in years, but you’re still on my mind, I can’t help it, when I think I have overcome you, my heart reminds me it only beats for you.

I find myself writing letters for you, so now I think its time, time to let you know I’m here waiting, waiting for you to love me back. 

You have always been the one for me, and now I’m honestly asking, am I yours?