Waiting

I tap my figures on our table while I wait for you. I'm waiting for you to just walk back in, but I'm scared you're never going to. My eyes have started to weary but I know I need to focus, focus on the one thing that is tying us together.

I feel I'm forever alone if I don't have you. You are the only person who loved the parts of me, I didn't even dare too. And at this moment I feel like I need you more then ever.

I didn't want to leave you, but in a way I had too. There seemed to be a force stronger than us, that kept tugging at our souls and now I'm afraid to ever be us again.

I know you are there though, I can feel you waiting, and in some ways, wasting away. I never wanted this to happen, all I ever could see was an endless future with you. But now my vision is full of uncertainty.

Why did it have to be you? I thought my love was enough, enough to keep you in my arms forever, but the universe took that away from me. For now I will sit and wait, though I do have faith you will come back, if not for me, than for the memories we share.

I'm trying so hard to get to you now, but the weight of my fear is holding me back, I just need one chance, just one small chance that can free me from the space between us.

I always thought we were unstoppable, like we could conquer anything but without being fully aware of it, at that very moment, my vision for the future became full of uncertainty.

From now on there will always be, space between us.