This is what happens when you play in the rain kids

Our little trio was safely inside. But at this point, they were already soaked.
"We should probably take a shower. . . With warm water." Said China, who was now shivering. They were all shivering. As they walked deeper into the house, they left a trail of wet footsteps. Their shoes making that squish squash sound with every step they took.

They took turns taking showers. (This time America was singing "All Star" by Smash Mouth). They dried up and got into their comfy pajamas.

China was in the kitchen making tea, because what was better than a warm cup of tea on a rainy day. Russia and America were close by, they decided to make hot cocoa.

China soon felt a sneeze coming in.
"Ah-aahhh-aaahhhhhh-" the other two paid no attention, until they heard him sneeze.
"Chi!" it was one of the tiniest sneezes they ever heard. Neither could help but let out a little "awww" and giggle. China turned to them, face flushed with red.
"What are you aww-ing at?!?" He asked. But he already knew the answer.
"That was the cutest sneeze I have ever heard Yao!!! It was so tiny!!" Said Russia.
China couldn't help but turn even redder.

America was still giggling. China chose to ignore the other two and continue making his tea. But oh no, he felt another sneeze coming. He tried holding it in, but failed.
"Aahhh-chi!" Another tiny sneeze came out. He sniffled. Behind him he heard them giggling again. Boy was he embarrassed.

They only stopped giggling when they too felt a sneeze coming. China turned around, he kinda expected them to have loud sneezes. But he was wrong, America's sneeze was like that of a small puppy. And Russia's sneeze was like a baby's sneeze. This time, China awed at their cute sneezes. And they both turned red just as China had.
"Now that, that is a cute sneeze!" He said, teasing them.
America groaned, "At least we're even now."

"Anyway, we should probably start getting our plane tickets to Germany's place, that's where the next meeting will be." Said Russia.
"Ugh, meetings can be so boring!" Exclaimed America.
"You literally have the attention span of a 5 year old." Remarked China.

China took his tea and sat on the couch, he wrapped himself in a warm blanket. Ahhhhhh, so cozy. He thought. America and Russia sat next to him, both of them had hot cocoa. Though America was mad 'cause he wanted coffee, but the other two wouldn't let him have any.

-time skip-

They watched T.V. But soon the sneezing became frequent. That's right folks, they got sick. This is you don't play in the rain and get ice cream. Stay safe kids.

But these boys refused to believe that they were sick, they were being stubborn. They nodded it off as just being cold, even though they were drinking hot beverages and cuddled under nice, thick blankets.

"Psh, we're not sick! There's no way we could be sick! *sniff* We are strong nations!!! Nothing can get us sick!!! Hahahah, besides, I'm the hero!!"
"Da, and besides, I am Russia. I live in a cold place, no silly rain can get me sick. The cold doesn't bother me."
"Ha, as long as I have my tea I won't get sick. I am not weak! And we were only out in the rain for a little bit."
All three pretended to be fine, but they were not fine. Their temperatures were rising, and their noses were running. They kept sniffling. And sneezing. Still, they refused to admit that they were sick.

And worst of all, the meeting was in 7 days.

They went to sleep that night. Their noses were stuffy, and they couldn't get comfy. Their night had been spent sneezing and struggling to breath. Being sick sucks, but that's what happens when you play in the rain. Even though it was totally worth it. And might I add that the thunder and lightning from the storm didn't help either.

-time skip-

They woke up the next morning looking like the walking dead. As a matter of fact, China once again scared the shit out of America and Russia. Both had screamed at the top of their lungs.

But even still, none wanted to admit that they were sick.

They sat at the table eating some oatmeal. Russia spoke up, and groggily said,
"So. I got us the plane tickets to Germany. We leave in 2 days." He then lazily stuffed a spoonful of oatmeal in his mouth.
"Cool." Responded America, in a completely hollow voice. Nothing at all like his usual hyper-self.
China was almost asleep, his eyes stared into space, and he wasn't even putting food in his mouth.

Russia noticed China's silence and decided to speak up.
"Yao, are you ok?" He asked.
The other snapped out of his trance as if he had been asleep and was abruptly woken up.
"Huh? Oh uh, yes. I'm *sniff* fine." He said.
America was a little worried, was this really how they were gonna show up at the meeting? All sick, with runny noses, a high temperature, and looking like they came straight out of their graves? No, this was not how they would present themselves, they were strong. Tough. They weren't gonna let a little cold bring them down.

It was still raining outside, the thunder rumbled softly and the rain pitter-pattered on the windows. It truly was a miserable day.

-Who here likes rainy days? I know I do!! 🤗