Chapter 8

to dalton gomez: happy bday dalton! i'm glad you make ari happy 😌 this story isn't trying to make you look bad 😭 sorry! but yeah happy birthday man❤️ 8/7/20

Doja's POV, 7:40 PM Los Angeles

Ariana hasn't been answering my calls or messages for a couple of days now, what the hell is up with her? She usually isn't like this at all... is it maybe because we're doing hookups now? Fuck, this is all my fault. My phone finally buzzes, It's Ariana. I sigh with relief, then opening up the message. 'Let me come over please.' She says, I reply back to her with no questions. Time passed, the and I hear the door bell ring. "Hi" I say. "We need to stay as friends Amala, I'm sorry. I can't do these hookups, we just met and-" "Shh.. It's okay I get it." I say. "Amala, Dalton is threatening me." My heart breaks, what the fuck? Why would- I immediately hug her tightly. Ariana starts to break down. "It's okay Ariana, you're safe.. you're here with me." She looks up at me "We need to restart our friendship... that night, that meant nothing ... right?" She asks me. "Yea.. It meant nothing.."

8:30 PM

"I think you're gonna like this song." I tell Ari. "Oh really?" She giggles. "Stop fucking with me Ari!" I give her a lil nudge on the shoulder, we laugh. "Seriously though, I know you've must of heard Freak on TikTok but I kinda changed this up a bit. Waiting for my stupid team to tell me when to release it." My hand goes to the mouse and clicks on a saved file 'Freak mp3.'

"Amala, you are so talented I swear." She compliments. "It's nothing really.. I just really focus on my music a lot without taking breaks." My phone buzzes. "Damn, it's David." "Who's David?" Ariana asks me. "It's Y2K, I call him David since he doesn't usually like me calling him Ari. Plus if you guys met that'd be confusing as hell." She giggles at my comment. "Anyways, he's asking to come over right now.. I'll just tell him la-" Ariana interrupts me, "Wait no! I think it'd be nice if he came over.. maybe we could have a little party or something?" I take a moment to think.. "Sure that'd be cool. Hit up the people you want here, luckily I have a spare room where we can hang out." Alex walks over to both Ari and I, "Meoww!" He says loudly. "I'll feed you in a second goof ball!" I say.

Ariana's POV, 9:07 PM

So, since Amala said invite anyone.. I decided to invite Victoria, my best friend. I love her to death.. she's been with me forever! Seriously. Amala decided to invite her stylist Brett and of course, David. The door bell rings and Amala goes to answer it, "Hey Brett! David road with you again huh?" "Oh my god be quiet Amala!" Brett gives a little punch to Amala's arm. "Wassup Mala!" David says. "David I told you not to call me that..." She says awkwardly. "Chill out dude-" David looks over to me, "Holy fuck?! Ariana Grande is here?" He runs over to me. "Hi nice to meet you David!" Brett and Amala walk over, "Oh and hello Brett!" I say. Amala pours us glasses of alcohol in our cups, we each take a sip.