C̷h̷a̷p̷t̷e̷r̷ ̷2̷

IRENE

"Are you ready for Valentine's Day?" Quinn asked as I finished my applesauce.

"Of course, I love receiving free chocolates and roses." I smiled as I emptied the milk box. "What about your date though? Will it be Seulgi again?" S/N asked. I looked at the couple suspiciously, they were obviously nosy and for what? School gossip? "Probably. I don't know. As long as someone I like asks me out first." I shrugged. The pair stared at each other before looking back at me. "Let's find you another girl then." They scanned around the lunchroom.

"Hey. What about that nerd? What do you think of her?" S/N asked as she pointed at the lone girl near the trash cans and lunch monitors. "Like visually? Because she never to talked to me." I hummed as I checked her out. That girl is different from the others, she never bothers to talk to me and always ignores me. It's refreshing not having everyone drool all over me but it kinda hurts my ego a bit. "What's her name?" I asked. "It's Y/N."

I stared at the awkward girl from head to toe. Big glasses, chubby cheeks and braces. "She looks... Alright..." I mumbled. "I'm not a huge sucker for her looks." My smile turned into a small frown. Seulgi notices my attitude and taps my shoulder.

"What's the matter Joohyun? Here, take my ice cream." Seulgi smiles as she hands me my favorite ice cream with her long arms. "Thank you Seulgi. You're the best." I blew her a kiss all the way to the jock's table. Quinn and S/N looked at each other irritatedly as I mingled with my other friends. "Anyways Joohyun!! Would you give her a chance? Yes or no? Please answer." Quinn asked persistently. "Uhhh... I guess." I shrugged as the bell ringed. "Joohyun. Let me take out the trash for you." Seulgi said, throwing my lunch at the trashcan like a basketball. I awed as she made it into the trash can. "Wow! Seulgi, you're so cool." I grinned while looking up at the basketball player, linking arms while we walked to our lockers.

Y/N

I snarled as I wiped the melting ice cream off of my face.

"For a basketball player, that bimbo could've aimed better." I stood up and threw the trash off of me. Never have I ever felt so humiliated, drenched in milk as the popular kids walked past me. I stomped to my locker and put my belongings in it.

"Y/N! Y/N!" Quinn and S/N ran up to me. "So... She's not interested in you visually because you're kind of ugly BUT! Personality wise, you'll have to talk to her tonight." Quinn smiled, her shiny pearly whites glistening. "We're totally going to make you glow up during school vacation. Which is conveniently before Valentine's Day!" S/N winked as the two skipped away to class. "God. Do they always do everything together?" I groan and slam the locker door.

———

1 WEEK LATER ( SCHOOL BREAK HAS STARTED)

"Come into my room." S/N said, opening the once forbidden door. Everything was dark and there were so many candles and books. "This is where Quinn and I do our magic." She showed me around as she got a text. "Oh my god! Joohyun is here! She's got plans with Seulgi tonight so she's here early." S/N informed me as Quinn barged into the door, screaming.

"JOOHYUN'S HERE!" We heard a loud laugh from the front door as Quinn ran down the stairs to unlock the door. "Hey Joohyun! ... Come in!" Quinn welcomed.

"Hello." Irene said as she stood around awkwardly, not knowing what to do. "Take off your glasses and let your hair down." S/N whispered as she yanked my ponytail out and slapped my glasses off my face. "Hey-" The door was gently pushed by a small hand.

"Is this a bad time?" Joohyun said with a soothing voice. "Act dumb." S/N said and elbowed me in the ribs.

"Nice to meet you... What's your name?" I asked, trying to act oblivious. "Oh? My name is Irene. Are you Y/N?" Irene was mildly shocked when I said I didn't know who she is. And oh my god... She knows my name!!! "Yes. Well. I'll get going now. Nice meeting you." I said, pretending to be uninterested. S/N whispered into my left ear,

"God! Y/N, why do you have to act so fucking stupid?!" S/N face palmed herself and pushed me out of the room. "Y/N's your sister? I never knew that..." Joohyun mumbles to S/N as she nodded. "What about now? Do you like her?" Quinn smiles as she closes the door on me. "She could definitely be my friend. But I like Seulgi a lot, so maybe no." I sighed, leaning on S/N's closed door. It's pointless now, I've embarrassed myself too much today. "Irene! Why don't you try putting on this friendship ring S/N and I made it for you?" Distracted and blind without my glasses, I tumbled down the stairs as I got a text message from Quinn.

QUINN

Bad news...
6:06 PM

What?
6:06 PM

I just looked into her mind. You literally have no chance with her when you look like... that. She honestly thinks you're unattractive and intimidating, and she likes Seulgi. So... Rest In Piece.
6:07 PM

... What have I done in the past to make this happen...
6:10 PM

I groaned as I looked in the mirror. I knew I wasn't the best looking but when Irene thought I was unattractive and intimidating. It just made my whole day even worse. I noticed the obvious reasons though. I was overweight, frowning, pimples, everything! At this point, I hope this so called spirit will help me with this soon...

———

Irene checked her phone and opened the door. "I gotta get going. Wouldn't want to miss my date with Seul!" Irene walked down the stairs with the duo. A date?!?!? With SEULGI? "Bye Y/N, bye Quinn, Bye S/N." Irene waved as she left the house. As soon as S/N closed the door, Quinn rushed me into S/N's room. "Sit in the middle." S/N demanded as I sat on the red pentagram.

"Are you sure that you want to do this?" Quinn asked S/N. "After your stupid ass convinced me. Yes, of course. She needs it more than me. I can find out my own future without the help of some damn spirit. Plus if we mess up..." S/N showed the familiar coin. "We have a way out... Y/N. Do you want to do this?" I nodded as they started the ritual.

They gathered up candles and other items, placing it around the circle. After they lit everything up, Quinn looked at the book with a pentagram making sure S/N is doing everything right. After a long slur of unknown words and multiple candles, S/N finally finished. "Oh spirit please come and assist my beloved sister. Through day and night til her wish is fulfilled." S/N said. "Spit in this cup!" Quinn said. I looked at her weirdly but did it anyway. She passed the cup to S/N. The small amount of saliva was multiplying until it was full to the brim. Which was cool and gross. S/N  poured it around the circle. Repeating the same name over and over.

"It's working!" S/N celebrated as the saliva burned into the pentagram. It's fumes smelling like... wine and roses? "Um. Quinn. Is it supposed to smell like this?" S/N whispered as the girl frantically shook her head no.

"It's supposed to smell like lavender!" The fumes started to turn into steam, filling the whole room with addicting smells. I looked around as they try to clear out the steam by opening the door but one particular spot wasn't moving. It was in the middle of the pentagram. Where I was. "Y/N! Get out of the pentagram!" S/N shoved me away as a curvy, seductive, transparent figure was being formed by the steam. The steam was replaced with pale limbs. And soon enough, an attractive, sultry woman appeared. She wore a tight black dress, had red hair with a red tail and horns sticking out.

"You asked for me?" The woman with a charming voice said.