5

Sire

I get the text from Winter earlier in the day. He wants me to meet him under the bleachers in the gym late at night. We used to always come to these bleachers to get our freak on. He used to say there was something about the smell of lingering sweat in the gym that turned him on. I see him standing there leaning up against the wall. His hands are over his head. Winter has always been attractive in his way. Some people thought he was cold but for some reason I thought that is what made him sexy. I thought he would be some sort of prize to win. Melt that cold heart of his. I was wrong. Winter was as clingy as ever.

"Is there a reason I'm here?"

I don't have time for this. I have to study for an upcoming test in Core Gender Identity and the class was pretty hard to say the least. Luckily I had a few transsexual friends who were experts in the matter and they all happened to have a crush on me. Enough to pass me some notes.

"You look nice."

"Thanks."

"Weird how Jamal Comey is back huh?" Winter asks randomly.

He's making light convo. Everyone's been talking about it all week. It's been a week since Jamal Comey has returned and everyone seems to be more confused about how.

I want to ask Winter questions about it.

"Jamal was never a friend of mine," I state, "I could care less. Did you bring me all the way out here to talk about Jamal Comey?"

"Listen with Jamal being back...there's a chance him and Imani might...you know...be friends again. That means that either you or GQ would be out."

It's almost laughable because Winter is standing here like some sort of nosy school kid who thinks I give a fuck about this.

"You think I care about popularity that much?" I ask, "If Imani wants his old friend back he can have him and keep me as a friend to."

"What about the Trinity?"

"The Trinity is bullshit that you people made up. We're just friends. That's it. Plain and simple. The fact that there is only three of us..."

"And there was three of them. Imani, Jamal and Henry."

"What's your point, Winter?"

"The common factor is Imani."

I give him a weird look, "You have a real problem with Imani...don't you?"

"I think he's not really your friend."

"What makes you think that?"

"Look at how he did Jamal Comey."

"Jamal Comey wasn't loyal."

"And what happens the day that you do something that Imani doesn't like? He'll ruin you like he did Jamal Comey. He's been the king maker in this school for way too long. People worship the ground he walks on. Maybe it's about time Imani was replaced."

"Let me guess who would replace him. You?"

"Why not?" Winter asks, "You, me and GQ. We could run this school. And GQ is an idiot so it would really just be us. The Dread Fort's first power couple."

"And how do you plan on replacing him?"

"Jamal Comey knows something. He has something on him."

"He told you that?"

"Sort of. The night that Jamal was sent to the Red Room, I overheard him trying to tell someone he knew something about Imani and was thinking about going to the cops?"