8

Sire

"Are you ok?" the officer asks.

They have been asking me questions about finding Jamal's body. Shivers are still running down my spine, to be honest. I'm shocked that I actually saw a dead person. Sure Henry's death had a lot to do with us fucking with him but I never had to see his body.

"I'm good," I state.

"Do you know anyone who would want to hurt your friend?"

GQ is quick to butt in, "He wasn't our friend."

"Do you know anyone who would want to hurt him though?"

GQ and I look at each other. The school would be mad if we interrupted the experiment. Going to the cops and telling them the weird shit that had gone down would possibly cause an issue with it.

GQ shakes his head, "No."

The detective gives me a long hard look. I keep looking away. I keep wondering why Jamal was murdered. Not too long ago he escaped the Red Room in the institution and now he was dead. This wasn't normal. How was that possible? I get so fucking nervous but the truth is I just have a feeling. I have a feeling the Headmaster had something to do this. I don't know why but it's eating up inside me.

"Hello?" the detective asks, "You there?"

I keep staring at the ground where Jamal's body was. I was the emotional one. I was the one who kept going through things.

"He doesn't know anything," GQ tells the detective.

The detective looks over at me, "I was talking to him."

I want to say something. I want to tell them just how weird this school was. I want to tell them about Henry and the fact that the school knew about his death. I want to tell them how they covered it up by making Jamal disappear only to bring him back for a short time. That had to be enough right? That had to be enough to have the detective look into this at least.

"I..." I pause, "I don't know anything."

The detective stares hard, "You sure?"

GQ is quick to butt in again, "He's sure."

The detective doesn't believe GQ. It's written all over my face no matter how I want to act cool. I'm not like GQ. I can't just play this off. I'm worried about this. I am blown away that this has happened.

"We should get going," I state.

The detective hands me a card, "If you think of anything, please call me."

He gives me a long look. He is specifically looking at me when he says it. He doesn't even give GQ a card. It's almost as though he knows that I know something. If he knew just how weird this was then he wouldn't be giving me the fucking card.

GQ is quick to walk to the car and get in. I saunter after him and he pulls off relatively quickly. He's quiet in the car but I can tell he's steaming.

"What the hell are you thinking?" he asks me.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"I know you," he tells me, "You know that, don't you? I fucking know you. You were about to tell those cops about Henry."

"You don't think it has anything to do with Henry? Jamal found dead like that."

He pauses.

"Of course it has something to do with Henry. But that school is weird. Do you really want to be on Pine's bad side? Jamal wasn't the first person something weird happened to in the school. There were other boys. We didn't know them but you've heard the stories. You know what they do."