15. Visit

Author's note: I'm sorry guys but this this "just a friend" business had to be highlighted! 😂😂

◾◽◾◽◾◽◾◽

"Marinette-you to-she...liked me?" Adrien repeated. Nino nodded slowly and plastered an awkward smile. 
Adrien's mind raced, spiraling into a headache. Marinette used to like him...Marinette used to LIKE HIM! But wait...Marinette used to like him.
"Wait? What do you mean by 'used to'? Did I do something to hurt her?"
Nino chuckled. "It wasn't your fault, bro. You just never saw her as more...she was just a friend in your eyes."

Adrien replayed everything he could remember about Marinette from before he started liking her: her nervousness, clumsiness, how she jumps whenever he's around or how she used to blush. All this this time, he thought she was flustered because his father was Gabriel Agreste or possibly because he was a model...not because she saw him as more than just a friend
"Wait so Marinette used to like me when I asked her to tag along for my date with Kagami to the ice rink?" Adrien said, realizing that a) he's really hurt Marinette and b) how much stupider he's gonna be if Nino says yes.
"Yes," Nino said.
 Adrien groaned and fell back on the couch. He buried his face in his hands and felt his head throb. How could he have been so stupid? That means that Marinette must've liked him during summer, when he was wasting time with Kagami...Wait, no...he remembered that date with Kagami. Marinette didn't bother about his existence and went all the way to Luka's for silk. Speaking of Luka...

"Did," Adrien started asking, fearing he would lose all hope if this was true, "Did Marinette and Luka date?"
"Ha nope! Luka had a major crush on her but they're just friends," Nino said. Adrien still had so many questions: How long did she like him? Has she told anyone? What did she like about him? Why didn't she ever tell him?
Nino answered all of them, one-by-one. Almost two years of liking him and the whole freaking class knew but not him. He wasn't surprised when Nino told him that Marinette doesn't like him for his status as a model or for his money because a) Marinette isn't like that and b) she's really understood him. Adrien felt his stomach twist after every new realization and he finally sighed, seriously wishing he could go back in time and just spend it with her.

"She really put effort last summer, trying to get over you. I was convinced she had a thing with Luka but he clarified that there was nothing between them and there's no way he would take this chance while she's healing," Nino said.
"And I'm the world's biggest idiot," Adrien said, slouching.
"Can't disagree with that, bro."

-X-X-X-

"Oh no, Tikki, I can't find the sequins! A-And this-this is due-" Marinette stammered, looking at the dress. It was a satin black slip dress and Marinette had embroidered crystals on the sides.
"Marinette, it's okay! It's all done! You'll only ruin it if you add more, besides look at those pretty crystals," Tikki said, reassuring her.
"Yes but she had said she wanted sequins-"
"No Marinette that was the previous customer," Wayzz said. Marinette rolled her eyes and collapsed on her chaise longue, staring the her notebook with all her orders and notes. The blue-nette sighed and closed the notebook, sitting up.

She kept a few kwamis with her at all times when she realized that they didn't necessarily have to disappear after she took of the Miraculous. Daizzi and Stompp were flying around over her desk, cleaning and...stomping, respectively. She's grown to love the tiny creatures and they were very fond of their new Guardian, too. Whenever Mrs. Cheng or any of her friends were around, the kwamis quickly hid in closed spots or sometimes between walls or furniture. The Miracle Box was smartly hidden in the shelf above her bed, decorated to look like Ladybug merchandise in case anyone asked. Thousands of these boxes were sold when Ladybug disappeared, the people of Paris bought them as a homage to their former savior. The box and Cat Noir themed-merchandise. 

Marinette sighed at the thought of him: she really did like him after all. The pesky cat really had taken a place in her heart and she couldn't deny that her heart tore apart at the thought of not being able to see him. She thought of meeting him for patrol but seeing him in real life will only destroy her more. Not being Ladybug had it perks: she got way more free time, she didn't have to watch out for an akuma 25/8 and she didn't have to see Cat.

She picked up to her phone to check if Adrien had replied to her when suddenly, a bright light appeared in her room and out stepped Bunnix.
"Hey Mini-bug," she said.
Marinette immediately got up and said, "Bunnix! Is something wrong?"
"Well something is about to go wrong," she said, approaching Marinette 
"Wha-what can you tell me?"
"You're the Guardian, right? So that comes with a lot of perks," Bunnix said twirling her umbrella. Fluff flew towards her and nuzzled her cheek. 
"Will I see you soon?" the confused little bunny asked her.
"You should know," Bunnix said winking.

Meanwhile, Marinette put her brains to work. Perks of being a guardian? Well she got all the Miraculouses, she'll get an upgrade of powers...Bunnix didn't need to come here to tell her that. Then a scary possibility came into her head.
"Wait a second...I have to know Cat's identity?" she asked, realizing what this could mean.
Bunnix nodded gravely, "It's time Mini-bug."
Marinette's head whirled. Knowing who Cat is? The dangers of this was endless: they'd be too vulnerable to continue their civilian lives and maybe Hawk Moth-

"Wait a second," Marinette said, "Is Hawk Moth coming back?"
"I can't tell you that," Bunnix said looking down, "but what's gonna come will not be easy. You will definitely need to know who Cat is to continue your mission Mini-Bug."
Marinette exhaled shakily. This could be it. She'll finally know who is behind that mask. Most importantly, there might be an end to the reign of Hawk Moth.

"Alright," she said firmly, "I'll le-let him know."
Bunnix came and put a hand on her shoulder, "Listen Marinette, you have to trust me. This is going to change your life...Cat's, too. You need to trust each other and most importantly, yourself. You're Ladybug and Cat Noir, saviors of Paris, you stick with each other. Always."
Marinette looked at Bunnix, trying to decode something, anything, from that cryptic message, but failed to see anything beyond teamwork. Maybe there really is no future for her and Cat even if Paris had a chance of saving. 

"Marinette, trust time, everything will be perfect," Bunnix said stepping into her burrow. She gave a two-finger salute and stepped in. Soon she was gone and it was just Marinette and the kwamis. Her mind was racing: something big was gonna happen and she'll have to be ready to face it.

Suddenly her phone beeped. It was a message from Adrien.
adrienagrestebrand: Hey Marinette, hope you're not too busy. I...

She had to open the message to see the whole thing.
adrienagrestebrand: Hey Marinette, hope you're not too busy. I wanted to talk to you. Will you be free any time soon?

Not so soon Adrien, she thought as she dreaded the idea of having to see Cat and fearing what will come next.