27. Miraculous

Lady Butterfly watched the soft shades of blue and purple come out of Paon's chest but she sensed something wrong. She did the only thing she could think of when she was unsure: "Lucky Charm!"
A pin fell in her hand and she used her Ladybug vision, looking for an answer. Where could a tiny pin in this cavernous room possibly be? She glanced at Emilie Agreste once more and saw the silver pin glint below her neck. The amok needs to go in there, she thought.
She spotted the amok tugging on the strap on Paon and plucked it.

Paon's eyes fluttered, still in a daze from the memories but saw Lady Butterfly look at him with concern. Before he could say anything, she placed the amok in his hand and said gently, "Put everything into this amok and then place it on your mother's pin."
He understood and appreciated her for not making him worry. He lifted his staff and directed the tidal of colors to the amok. Slowly, the vapors collected into it until the room was dead silent again.

Paon looked at the tiny blue feather and placed on the pin. The second it touched it, his parents' bodies floated upwards and a burst of blue shot across the room.
Paon grabbed Lady and covered her as the blue storm whipped around the room. The blow was strong enough to make the room into rubble but the blue swirls collected and evaporated. The leaves in the trees stopped rustling and the blue vapors  finally vanished.
Paon let go of Lady Butterfly as she opened her eyes. A dark purple mist was sprouting out of Emilie and Gabriel and the blue tide was becoming bigger.
"I need a pure akuma!" she yelled.
Paon ran to the corner and searched in the bushes. He knew Hawk Moth used to harvest them here but it has been a long time since he came down here.
He looked at the other side and finally caught a plain butterfly. He ran to Lady Butterfly who looked like she was going to get crushed by the murky clouds and placed the butterfly in her hands.
"You need to stay strong," he said.
She looked up him and shook her head, "It's too hard!"
"NO! YOU CAN DO THIS!"
She looked at him once more, the weight on her chest becoming heavier.
"You have always been the on one to make plans and do it right. Come on Bug, just wing it!"
Lady nodded and the akuma fluttered to her shoulder, recognizing its owner.
She willed the akuma to sit on the tip of her scepter and called the dark, turbid cloud to seep into the akuma. The room seemed to be spinning and she grabbed her scepter for support.
"YOU CAN DO THIS MARINETTE!" Paon yelled next to her.

The cloud hurled towards her at speeds enough to blow away the mansion and she doubted if one akuma would be enough.
It took one akuma to make this mess, it will take one to end it as well, she though to herself.
Come on Ladybug, you used to single-handedly make all all plans and de-evilize these things. How hard could it be to make one?
She could hear Paon yell words of encouragement next to her and couldn't be happier to have such an amazing boyfriend. She let her love for him take over her completely, not letting the fear of anything come near her. She was going to save his parents and she was going to watch him grow with them. The dark storm was dying down until it turned into a purple haze, wafting into the akuma.

Only then did she realize that her eyes were closed and her teeth were clenched. She opened her eyes and saw the dark akuma.
"You know what to do," Lady said, looking over at Paon.
He nodded and lifted his hands. "Cataclysm!"
He touched the akuma and it crumpled into black dust. The creator of his misery for the past years was now mere dust. He stared at the pile for a good minute and then looked at Lady in disbelief.
"I can't believe a butterfly ruined my life," he said. Out of everything he could've possibly said, he acknowledged the tiny creature that ruined his life.
"Well this one is going to fix it," Lady giggled.
"You know what to do."
She took her pin and threw it up in the air, saying, "Miraculous Ladybug!"
The pink bugs swept across everything, Lady Butterfly wondered if the whole of Paris had been cleansed.

Soon they formed a tornado around Emilie and Gabriel. The bugs slowed down and the couple was gently placed on the ground but they were unresponsive.
"Plagg, Duusu, divide. Claws in," Adrien said, running to his parents. He went and knelt down between them. He dared himself to touch them and feel their cold skin. There was no heartbeat and he started panting.
"Tikki, Nooroo, divide. Spots off," Marinette said. She settled down next to him.

"W-Why aren't they waking up?" he asked. There was a lump in his throat and his head was throbbing. Marinette looked at the kwamis and they looked at each other in confusion.
Adrien looked at all of them, helpless. He choked and giant tears, poured out.
"Oh no, baby," Marinette said, engulfing him into her arms. He shook in her arms as he sobbed, tears soaking her shirt. 
"Baby, please. It-It's not okay, I know, but you have me, you have Nathalie-"
"All of this," he said between sobs, "Was for nothing."
Her heart tore apart as he heaved. He let out a wail that broke her inside.

"Adrien!" a voice called at the end of the ramp.
Marinette looked over and saw Nathalie limping over to them. She finally reached and saw both of them.
"W-What's wrong?" Nathalie said looking at them.
Marinette gestured to the still bodies of Gabriel and Emilie Agreste, but Nathalie was taken back by surprise. They were disintegrating into blue and purple vapors, their forms were vanishing.
Adrien let out another wail as the last of the couple fluttered away.

Nathalie still looked puzzled. "That's not right," she said.
"They're gone Nathalie," Adrien cried.
"No becau-"
"NO NATHALIE! I DON'T CARE IF THEY'LL FOREVER BE IN MY HEART, I JUST WANTED TO SEE THEM!"
"You can Adrien! They-"
"No! They're gone!"
"These might just be the sentimonsters!" she said. The two heroes looked her. 
"Because Gabriel is in his room, alive and healthy."