16. Finally

"What is Marinette doing?" Adrien said. This was the fifth time she rejected his invitation to hangout and she was avoiding him at school. There was something up with her but even Alya couldn't get her to spill. Maybe she got the hint about Adrien liking her and was trying to avoid him at all costs. He couldn't blame her, even he wouldn't date himself.

"Chillax, maybe she's just got another order she's stressed out over it," Plagg said, cuddling up in a pencil case. Adrien shook his head and breathed. Okay, it's just Marinette, she'll be alright, right? She wouldn't avoid me purposely, right? Did I do anything to hurt her? Maybe I scared her with the "I need to talk to you message"...but she replied to that. But something happened on that day and she's been off. Okay what could it be...

"Um Adrien..." Plagg said, pointing to the window. Adrien squinted to see a little red creature, fluttering outside. Plagg squealed and rushed towards it. Adrien took a closer look to see Tikki fighting off Plagg's advances. 
Tikki? Ladybug's kwami? What was she doing here?
"Go away, Stinky Sock!" Tikki screeched, heading towards Adrien. 
"Tikki? Is everything okay?" he asked.
The little kwami nodded and headed towards him. She said something but bubbles spewed out of her mouth. "Oh I'm sorry, that was the spell. Kwamis can't use the name of their owners," she said, "Ladybug needs to meet you."

His heart fluttered at the name...Ladybug...it's been so long since he saw her, almost a year. He turned his gaze to the kwami and gave her a nod, his stomach churning and insides closing in. She went back, leaving the blonde boy alone with his thoughts.

-x-x-x-

Marinette looked at herself in the mirror and reflected on everything. She looked at her hair, which was well past her shoulders and almost at her waist. Her blue eyes no longer had bags underneath and stood out, compared to her clear skin. She had become taller, her waist looked thinner compared to her hips and her chest was fuller. Her arms were lean and her legs complimented her torso, toned and thin. She never had much time for fitness but running around and stressing over everything have clearly helped her out. She never saw herself this way: her suit made her body more toned than usual but being in that suit now...well the savior of Paris at 17 is gonna be different than compared to 15. 

"Okay Tikki, you ready?" Marinette asked, taking one last look at herself and turned around. The kwami smiled and said, "You've changed in many ways Marinette, you can do this." Marinette nodded and took a breath. "Spots on."

She watched the pink light wash over her, watching in amazement as the costume came into place: it changed. She had on a red halter neck sleeveless crop-top and black pants that clung on to her legs. She had on knee high boots, but despite the heel she knew she would be able to run and do whatever without losing balance. Her mask was more detailed, spiking at the sides and the patterns were intricate, a Chinese tinge to it.  She saw her yo-yo which was tied around her waist and her hair was in a high pony-tail. Despite her arms being exposed, there seemed to be a protective aura surrounding it which won't easily let her get hurt.

"Wow," she said softly. More than anything, she felt powerful. She wanted to keep her head high and swing her yo-yo and crush a villain's lungs. She was violent and ruthless but she knew that she had to keep her rage in to prevent too much harm. She was Ladybug after all.

She stepped on her balcony and flung her yo-yo, swinging from building to building, wind in her hair and energy pulsing through her veins. She let out a holler as she landed on the Eiffel Tower, hands on her knees as she turned around to face all of Paris. She had forgotten how it felt to...fly. She smiled and let out a breath, but she heard a gasp and nearly fell, a hand grasping her.

"M'Lady?" Cat asked. She almost didn't recognize him if it weren't for the emerald green eyes she'd never forget. She closed her gaping-mouth and let go of her grasp on him, noticing the change in his costume as well. He was no longer completely leather-clad but a shiny material clung to his torso, jet black with green highlights. A black material covered his legs, a green stripe running along the side and ended in combat boots, black and green. She tried not to stare at his completely exposed arms, slender but rippled with veins, not to mention his already lean figure. The top highlighted his fit abdomen more than it necessarily had to and she noticed that there was a hood, behind the neck. He no longer had cat ears, sprouting from his hair and his staff was in his hands.

"H-Hi Cat," she said nervously. He looked at her unblinking, the same shock going over him. His mask was, if possible, even more black, highlighting his eyes.
"Uh, hello M'lady," he said, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. She tried not to look at the bicep which stood out as he brought his arm up. There was nervous tension around them but what caused it was confusing. Was it their sudden meet after a long time? Were her feelings for him bubbling again? Was it their new appearance? Thoughts circled her mind like an endless hurricane but Cat cleared his throat.

"You wanted to meet me M-M'Lady?" he asked. Her thoughts zeroed to one: the reveal.
"Right," she said nodding and bringing her focus to why she was here. She told him about the visit from Bunnix and he stared at her, wide eyed.
"S-So that's what we-" he said, looking at his side and unable to continue. She held her breath and slowly nodded, the reality of the situation hitting her over and over again.

They looked at each other in complete confusion, unable to begin the conversation.
"Uh okay," she said, "On the count of three, we transform back. Okay?"
He nodded and then let out a nervous chuckle. "Honestly, I thought this day would never come and now that it has...um, I just wanna say that I-I've missed you and it's been a while..." he let out nervously.
She wanted to slap herself. She didn't even ask him how he was or what he's been up to.
"Cat, I-I missed you, too. H-How have you been?" she said, stupidly.
"I've been good. And you?"
"Great..."
He nodded stiffly and looked at his staff. "Okay, ready?"
She nodded. "One"
"Two."
"Three. Spots off."
"Claws in."

She waited till the light completely vanished and slowly fluttered her eyes open, only to find Adrien staring at her, face stricken with shock.