29. After

[A/N: LONG CHAPTER GUYS. DON'T GET BORED PLEASE❤]

 Over a year later...

"YOU. BIG. FAT. GIANT. FREAK!" Alix shouted, hurling the football at Kim. Kim dodged skillfully and plucked her hat, laughing as Ondine snatched it from him and handed it back to Alix.

Well, some things never change.

The 19-year-olds had reunited after year since graduation and Alix was already trying to murder Kim. Both of them are doing degrees in sports management and physical education and the competition never ends. Max had been accepted to MIT in Boston and was luckily in Paris for a research project. He no longer sported glasses and was rumored to have a girlfriend. Of course, he brought Markov and was by Kim's side the whole time.

Sabrina had taken a year off for fitness training so she could get into a defense academy. She was no longer the same nerdy Sabrina: she grew her hair out, no longer had glasses and the training shaped her, making men stare at the girl everywhere she went. Of course, Sabrina was still sweet as candy and would never harm a soul. On purpose. (She was number one in her shooting class).

Juleka had taken a year off for modeling and recently enrolled in for a degree in sociology in the same university as Rose who had taken up literature. Of course, Rose was involved in more college activities than her actual class and Juleka dreaded the thought of socializing. Of course, the girls loved each other and couldn't ever imagine it in any other way.

Nathaniel and Marc were on a break from their book-tour and had no plans for college. The two released another issue of comics which were an even bigger hit than their previous ones since Ladybug and Cat Noir were no longer in action. Mylene had taken up Natural Sciences in a university in Germany and often returned to Paris for her father's shows and to meet Ivan. Ivan was doing musicology near south France but visited Paris to see Mylene and even went to Germany as well. Of course, Mylene was still scared of many things but Ivan was there and she seems fine.

"No way!" Alya said.
"You got in, didn't you?" Nino asked. Alya nodded and Nino engulfed her in a hug.
They eventually found their way back to each other and neither  of them regretted anything that happened but one thing for sure was the world felt right again. Nino stopped his gigs, they were tiring him out and he wanted to take up something more serious. Alya was doing an internship at TVi for the past year and judging by the smile on her face, she got in for her journalism and media studies course at a university not too far from the one where Nino was studying music production. Of course, they were inseparable.

"Congrats Alya!" Marinette said, pulling her in for a hug.
"Thanks girl, I can't wait to tell my parents. Give me a sec," she said, walking off to a corner.
Marinette looked at Nino and immediately forgot her question, sensing how stiff he seemed. 
"What?" she asked.
"N-Nothing," he said playing with the brim of his cap.
Marinette crossed her arms. "Nino, you're nervous about something," Marinette said, "You're playing with your hat."
"I-uh," Nino gulped, "I-I need to talk to Alya." He took rapid strides to Alya and she laughed at him when he said something.

"Come dear, let's set up the buffet," Sabine said, pulling her daughter away.
"Everyone seems so strange," Marinette said, taking the stack of plates.
"It's been a year, don't worry it'll be fine," her mother assured.
"Where's dad?"
"Dad and Mr. Agreste are still fussing around in the kitchen. Who knows what messes they would have created."
"Whatever they make, I know Mr. Agreste's dishes will be better than anything else."
"Wouldn't depend on it by the way I saw them roasting the chicken," Mrs. Agreste said joining the conversation.
Sabine sighed, "Alright, time to see."
"Will Adrien be here soon?" Marinette asked.
"He's running some errands. You know he's always glued to Nathalie."
Marinette shrugged and set down a salad bowl.