Little Kisses That I Cherish

Chapter 4| Little Kisses That I Cherish

"Nana is here, mom!"

His loud and bubbly voice swept across the whole floor, inviting giggles from his mom as he came to hug him.

She raised her head to look at him now that her little baby was getting taller than her.

"Did you have fun my baby?" She smiled and patted his butt like a baby.

"I did. Hyung and I ate lunch together"

He excitedly spoke with sparkles in his eyes. The boy was more than happy to share how his day was going so far to his mom.

She let go of him for a while but kept her hands around Jaemin's waist.

"Did you act nicely to your hyung?" She questioned worriedly, not really trusting her son about that.

"Mom..Nana is always nice to hyung"

He dragged her to the living room and made her sit comfortably on the couch as he followed next to lay his head on her lap. A similar blooming smile formed on her lips while her hands gently comb his hair in a relaxing pattern. She knew well that Jaemin found the action comforting.

"Don't act like a baby to Jeno okay? He is now a young adult and he might not want to play along with Nana like before. So my baby has to be understanding and nice. Do you understand ?"

Jaemin slowly nodded with a pout.

"But Jeno hyung is also a baby if Nana is a baby. He is only one year older than me"

She chuckled at what Jaemin just said. It was true how the two grew up together right in front of her eyes and they were still the babies she used to babysit to her. Jeno, however, became much more mature and calmer as he grew up but Jaemin's bubbly personality was still in his little heart.

He loved to be expressive and he admired everyone around him. All he did was share his loves and made everyone felt involved.

Growing up without a father, Jaemin never complained once. He even comforted her about it and empowered her thoughts that were once filled with guilt for the divorce. With such a young age, Jaemin was able to understand the struggle of taking full responsibility for raising a child. He was always thankful about it and he made sure she knew that she has given him more than he needed.

On parent-teacher conference days or father days when they were in elementary and middle school, Jeno's father attended with Jaemin to celebrate. And yet, little Jaemin was full of happiness and excitement without a frown on his face. That showed how he appreciated everyone arround him and his little heart was capable of accepting on anything.

He was so attached with the Lee Family mainly because of the love he has received. Jeno's mom loved him as if Jaemin was her own son. If she bought Jeno something to wear, an extra smaller size was always there for Jaemin. If they went on family trips, Jaemin was totally in the list alongside with her. His life was full of colorful memories while he learned to filter out the unfortunate ones.

"Nana.."

A small "hmm.." was responded with a tired voice.

"If you want to sleep, go back to your room"

"But Nana wants to sleep like this."

"No, you are getting heavier Nana. You are not my small little baby fluff anymore"

She giggled as soon as she saw Jaemin sitting up with a fake pout that dissolved into the sweetest smile after looking back at his mom. She was so special for him.

"So can Nana take a nap?"

"Of course you can Baby. Now go"

A soft kiss landed on his squishy cheek and the baby was satisifed. He quickly paced up to the stairs for his nap.

💋

"Oh hey Jeno!"

As awkward as possible, Jeno smiled back hoping it wasn't awkward. Tragic.

"Hi Mrs Na. Em..Mom wants me to give this to you"

He politely used two hands to deliver the box his mom was packing earlier. She made some fried scallions pancakes and wanted to share just like always.

"Oh thank you sweetie. Please tell your mom to come by this evening. I'll make dinner for everyone. When will your dad be home?"

Jeno scratched his head, thinking when exactly his dad would arrive back home.

"Uh..Probably 6. I'll tell mom though"

"Alright. Do you want to come in? Have some juice? I have Nana's favorite passion fruit juice if you want"

"Oh- No no. Thank you very much Auntie. I have somewhere to go. And Jaemin is not at home?"

"He's upstairs sleeping."

"I see. Then I'll see you at dinner"

A kind smile replicated on Jeno's lips when he saw her wide smile. Jaemin really got his smile from her.

Damn good to have a sweet smile when you have one.

(A/N: everyone's smile is sweet as long as they are sincere)