Bothered

Chapter 7 | Bothered

The openning new day refreshed the tiredness of the previous day and Na Jaemin was once again, full of energy and happiness to meet his Jeno hyung.

Swinging around his keychain from the bag's zipper on the side, Jaemin playfully skipped and danced his way to the house nextdoor.

After giving it a knock, Jaemin was greeted with a moody-looking Jeno who was sulking and pouting like a three year old.

"Good M—"

"Let's just go"

His voice showed so many anger that was hidden to cool down with his deep voice and Jaemin was scared for his life for the first time. That's was yet an exaggerration, of course. But yeah, he was a bit scared to annoy the older boy today.

After rushing to put his shoes on, Jeno passed by to walk to the car but accidentally brushed his shoulder with Jaemin's, getting the younger one to let out a small yelp by surprise.

"Hyung-ah, wae?"

With the softest voice he can produce, Jaemin voiced out, one hand gripping on Jeno's black backpack by the couple keychain he gave as a gift. As the older boy continued to walk, he just followed along to the car that way.

Jaemin pouted when he didn't get an answer. Jeno quickly went around the car to the driver seat and didn't even spare a second worth of glance at him

Is he on period or something?

The way to their school was surprisingly quiet today because for the first time in forever, Jaemin did not try his best to break the silence. The talkative Jaemin was especially quiet today. For him. That was new.

But it might have to do something with his simple minded Jaeminnie getting more mature.

💋

"Na Na Jaem!"

The doors closed at the same time and both of their heads snapped back to the voice that wasn't so far away from them.

Jeno carried his bag and intended to direct his feet to his classroom but when he saw Jaemin's tiny friend, Renjun with Lucas, who was Jeno's classmate, his quick mind remembered the previous night's conversation at dinner.

Jaeminnie has a crush.

Jeno's mind summed up.

Looking to the other side of the car, Jaemin's wide smile was already blooming and his hands were gently waving at the two.

So Lucas is his crush. Jeno made his own conclusion and sharply watched the trio, stopping to greet each other at first and then walking away to the direction which was clearly not to their classroom.

I don't like this at all.

💋

Nothing sat right with Jeno today. It started out with a nagging this morning as soon as he woke up. It was partially his fault for not cleaning the pile of clothing that his mom had asked him months ago. She was going easy back then but when the dirty clothes suddenly towered up, she got mad that Jeno wasn't appreciating when she kindly suggested, then asked and now scolded.

It was his fault but then who wanted to get scolded the first thing in the morning? Not him.

Even so, he didn't talk back and quietly cleaned as much as he could before getting late to school but he wasn't able to do as much. Therefore, Jeno was once again asked to clean his room after school.

The mood got more terrible when he slipped in the bathroom for carelessly placing the mop.

Blaming himself and starting out the new day, he was mad and tired.

He thought the series of unfortunate events would stop after he left the house for school but he was so wrong.

It didn't bother him much but he would totally admit that something didn't click with him since this morning.

He knew that Renjun and Jaemin were friends since—well, he didn't remember when—but long enough for him to catch that fact. But Lucas?

Lucas was his classmate and they rarely talked to each other and when they did, it was for the sport match. They weren't too close and he wasn't sure if he knew a lot about Lucas not to worry about Jaemin.

The boy was quite too handsome and extremely tall. He looked sweet and humble but Jeno didn't know him well enough.

Of course, he was worried for Jaemin since that naive, little one was always full of loves and affection.

Why if he fall for Lucas who was not only older than him but also seemed like an experienced one in relationships?

As a—

As a what?
Oh, as an older brother, he was worried for the younger one. So he must talk to jaemin at lunch to make sure about it.

Eyeing on the tall boy walking into the class, Jeno noted down his behaviors from the corner of his eyes. He just realized Lucas was a well-like person since everyone gladly greeted him on the way to his seat. Jeno saw how he also had his friend group who were all in their basketball team.

The bell followed and the teacher came in the class with a pile of books.

His mind must have decided to take a look for one last time and that was when his brain screwed up for the whole day, may be for a week. But he could've sworn that he saw a slight pinkish mark on the boy's neck as he turned his side to greet the student sitting beside.

Was that......a hickey?