A Bet for A Date

Chapter 6| A Bet for A Date

"Wow dumbass bitch with literally zero braincell but you do you sis"

"Who are you talking about? Me..or Jeno hyung or both?"

"Of course you...well,actually both"

"Oh.."

The surrounding classmates unbelievably looked at the almost failing student accusing the top 1 student of being dumb. To his defense, Renjun confidently could prove that being academically successful did not mean that person was successful in life choices. For example, Na Jaemin and Lee Jeno. Periodt.

"Now they all thought I have a crush"

"Which is true"

"Yea but they didn't know who my crush was"

He whispered and Renjun rolled his eyes. Most of the students thought Jeno and Jaemin were either cousins or other close relatives ever since they saw them coming to school together everyday, living beside each other and their mothers addressing themselves as sisters in parent nights. They were just too close that Jaemin troubled in pushing the "family bond" with his romantic feelings for the older boy. Jeno was just too clueless. It wasn't for him to blame ever since Jaemin's affection for him started since they were babies.

There was no way Jeno was going to think outside of the platonic way even if he got kissed everywhere. He considered Jaemin to be his annoying little baby brother and that was super difficult for him to show that he wasn't  a younger brother.

The fact that whenever they were together, Jeno would never feel uncomfortable but only get annoyed for a while showed how empty Jeno's romatic attraction to him was. On the contrary, Jaemin might initate some soft kisses but he still didn't even dare to kiss him on the lips. Compared to the lips, the other facial features were considered more of a family-friendly kiss. He really did start out with the platonic family-friendly feelings toward the older boy but then he became to doubt himself when he felt his heart racing when Jeno smiled. And he realized the constant hesitation and physical attraction when he kissed the older boy.

It was when he figured out that Jeno wasn't considered as his brother anymore.

Renjun was helpfu—um..let's just say..he tried to be helpful but his ideas were super excessive as of being a needy teenager.

There was one idea that he found useful from Renjun though. It was to make Jeno to hang out with him for a day like a date.

Of course he had thought about it countless times even before Renjun suggested. It was just he didn't know how to make the elder accept that. Renjun pointed out to either make a bet or ask  Jeno's friends for help.

A bet sounded like a more promising option because it would be between them but if he asked for the help from other, he would eventually had to admit his feelings which he wasn't comfortable telling others yet.

Therefore, Jaemin's goal for today was to initiate a bet with Jeno as soon as they headed back home.

💋

"Hyung"

Jeno's newly dyed red hair looked amazing in the male. Jaemin lost track of time as the universe slowed down just for the exact period of the fantasy looking older one turning to him. The evening shades of red and orange soaked into the magic of the background scenerio to complete the perfect art. The slight push of wind may have been the purpose of signifying how glorifying Jeno looked.

His hyung was perfect.

"What Jaemin? What did you do this time? Why are you looking at me like that?"