-Chapter Seventeen: Trial-

------

Warning. May contain triggering themes

Guide:

(Y/n)=(Your/name)

(L/n)=(Last/name)

------

{2nd Person P.O.V.}

"God desires the untainted, and you stand here today under suspicion of being a witch who deceives us angels," Gray announces, staring down at you, "you are a witch, and you made a contract with Edward. Is this not true?"

"It is not," you say, glaring at Gray, "that promise I made with Eddie was simply a promise, not some contract."

"You would hide behind that as a shield. Now, are there any who wish to give testimony regarding the defendant?" Gray announces.

Suddenly, purple haze fills the room and a screen slowly drops from the ceiling. A projector projects a familiar video on screen.

Your eyes widen as you glance over at Eddie, who was staring at the screen in shock.

On the screen displayed, "Cathy's Show." Then, a familiar voice echos throughout the room, "yes! There's one right here!!"

Cathy slowly emerges into the room, saying, "let me tell you just what a terrible little girl..." Cathy pauses for a moment. Once she fully emerges onto the stage, the spotlight turns onto her, "this criminal is."

Then, another voice emerges from somewhere else. A spotlight shines onto a familiar figure.

"It seems I'm the only one here who can testify as to who she really is,"  Danny says. Your eyes widen as you look at his form.

He had blood stained onto his jacket, right here you stabbed him in the chest. His gaze pierces into your soul as you glare at him.

"(Y/n)! I'm on your side!" Danny exclaims, holding his arms out.

"Danny..." you mumble, staring at him with wide eyes.

"I-I'm on her side, too!" Eddie exclaims, earning a glare from Danny and Cathy.

"Who will give her their testimony first, then?" Gray asks, looking at everyone.

Cathy smirks and sits on the stand you are standing behind, crossing her legs. She says, "Father. I'd like to go first."

Danny simply stares at Cathy with a frown. Eddie rolls his eyes and crosses his arms.

You glare at Cathy as she simply glances at you with a smirk.

"No fair! You always get to go first!" Eddie exclaims, stomping his foot.

"Shut up, brat! The one who suffered most here..." Cathy steps over to Eddie and grabs his face harshly, pulling him closer, "is me!"

"R-Right," Eddie says, his voice muffled by Cathy's squishing his face.

"Then, Catherine Ward, present your testimony," Gray announces, staring down at you all.