-Chapter Twenty-Four: Escaping-

------

Warning. May contain triggering themes.

Guide:

(Y/n)=(Your/name)

(L/n)=(Last/name)

------

{2nd Person P.O.V.}

Once the two of you step out of the elevator, you tell Eddie, "Gray said to inspect the stained glass."

"He told you that?" Eddie questions, earning a nod in response from you.

You hold his hand tightly as the both of you begin progressing forward. You head to the cathedral where the stained glass was located.

The room was the same as when you first got here. It was empty; Gray was nowhere in sight. Eddie and you make your way over to the large stained glass panel behind the organ pipes.

"I'm pretty sure that's the exit," you state as you point at the stained glass.

Eddie nods and goes over to the organ pipes, trying to push it out of the way. He grunts as he tries to push the heavy object out of the way.

You drop your handbag on the floor and stand beside Eddie, assisting him in pushing the heavy object. With both of your efforts, the object slowly moves out of the way.

The both of you groan and sigh once the object was moved out of the way. Eddie falls the the ground and whines, "my arms are dead!!"

You giggle and smile at Eddie. You say, "your silly." Eddie simply smiles before turning back to the stained glass.

"Is this really an exit?" Eddie questions.

"I'm not sure...but I don't believe Gray would lie," you respond, shrugging.

Then, both you and Eddie gasp at the same time, the same idea popping into your heads.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Eddie asks you with a smirk.

"I think so," you smirk back. You take the gun out of your handbag and aiming at the glass. Eddie backs away from the glass.

You pull the trigger and shoot the glass, successfully shattering it to pieces. You put the gun back in your handbag and sling the bag over your shoulder, smiling in accomplishment.

Eddie lets out a cry of cheer, smiling widely. Behind the stained glass was a set of stairs, most likely the exit.

You and Eddie jump through the now broken window and walk up to the staircase.

"Shall we go?" Eddie asks in a strange accent, making you giggle.

"We shall."

You and Eddie walk up the stairs, each of your faces adorning smiles. The two of you continue walking, a silence overcoming the room.

You break the silence, "I remember when I first came here I was blindfolded. I believe they took me up a long flight of stairs. If we keep walking we should make it outside."

Eddie hums, "I think the same happened to me..I'm not sure, I first came here a while ago."

You nod in response. Another silence took place in the room. The silence was awkward in a way, until a loud siren broke it.

"The emergency system has been activated. Initiating building detonation sequence."

You and Eddie gasp when you heard the announcement. You could feel explosions coming from the floors below.