Chapter 1 The mission

Father and I walk into the office of multi-billion dollar corporation "Preston Inc" the largest music label in the states and all I can do is ogle this impressive looking office. Money is literally dripping from the walls leaving you in no doubt you are surrounded by success. The reception area is tastefully decorated with nothing but the finest furniture and leaves you with no doubt this is an establishment dedicated to the making of money, lots and lots of it.

Even though I know this building very well and I am anything but a stranger to these walls it never, ever fails to take my breath away. I literally have to remind myself to breathe every single time. Today is no different I take in a deep breath, knowing it's the only way to calm my nerves but unfortunately this time it fails.

For someone to be so familiar with this place but is clearly stressing out probably leaves you with more than a few questions. Like whom I am? Why am I putting myself through this? Why am I feeling this way even when my father is right beside me and finally am I a little insane? So how about some family history 101 – Rosen style? Let me introduce myself -Isabella Rosen, twenty two and the only daughter of the most impressive man in my eyes Brian Rosen. Who is my Father first and secondly the CEO of our successfully run family empire "Rosen Inc" which happens to be the largest event management company in the states. Initially founded by my Father when he was a young ambitious man (nothing has really changed other than his age and his graying hair) and it is a source of pride that despite several ambitious attempts by competitors it remains a family run business. I confess that I have on occasion made some attempts to convince my father to change his mind about the future of the company after his retirement. It is the only time I have found myself disagreeing with my Father but he is stubborn that one day the business will be handed to my brother Travis to take over as CEO sticking to outdated traditions. You know the whole son and heir thing.

Okay, enough of the family tree let's get back to why my Father and I are rushing across the foyer of this impressive building at such a pace that I am feeling sick to the stomach.

"Slow down Father you are killing me! These heels aren't designed for speed walking" I pant out.

What I have yet to explain is both our families are two of richest and most successful families in the states both on the Fortune 500 list. We are the top two companies and we have been for some time now both enjoying the friendly but serious competition. Things are not quite as comfortable now because we now find ourselves with a common enemy. It is time to join forces.

The cause for concern is a new company which has arrived on the scene "DeLuca Inc" which is headed by Dante DeLuca a very intimidating and successful man. Even more impressive is his achieving this status at the young age of twenty eight. His short time in the States has seen him take the music and event planning industries by storm. The buzz in industry circles is if first impressions are to be taken seriously it won't be long before Dante and Co will destroy both Preston and Rosen Inc or at the very least leave us both vulnerable to take over. Threat aside you have to admit it is quite the achievement. In twelve months after moving from their head office located in Italy his business is shaking the status quo. I would be even more impressed if it wasn't shaking up our world. Things are looking serious and it is of such a magnitude it is not something that the two companies can address on their own. Both companies prefer to sort out their own challenges independently however desperate times call for desperate measures and there is only one option which will get the results quickly enough. An alliance is the only action which will put this new company back in its place!

So here we are. My father and I are here to speak to the CEO of Preston Inc - Will Preston the Third and his son and heir known on the streets as the one and only "Billionaire Playboy, Jasper Preston". We are here to explore the possibility of a merger to ensure that our two companies remain on top. It would never be our first preference but the competition has left father thinking there is no other alternative which will keep us on top on the corporate world. Bringing our two companies together will strengthen both families whilst preserving our family legacies for future generations. Both our company started with nothing and have grown into the successful multi- billion dollar companies we have today. Both families are committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure we remain on top. If the merger is the best solution then a merger it is! No sacrifice is too great.

You are probably wondering if my brother Travis is going to inherit the CEO role in the future why he isn't at Father's side instead of little old me. Sensible question. Dear old Travis is conveniently out of town which is the place he manages to be most times there is something unpleasant to deal with. Don't get me wrong, love the boy but he is still very much the boy at times. I'm hoping that Father won't live to regret the decision to remain traditional and put the son at the helm of his empire. Frankly I think I would be the smarter choice but Father is of the opinion that my skill is needed in a totally different but not unrelated area.

No matter who is doing what, when or where you don't have to have too much of an imagination to figure out why I am here it is a matter of common sense. This possible merger will have a real impact on me and the life I get to lead because my Father has some rather archaic ideas regarding the ways he takes care of business. I being the good girl will do whatever is asked of me. My Father thinks that the course of action is to negotiate my marriage to the son of his best friend who is known as the "billionaire playboy". He is convinced that this will ensure the success of the companies. I have tried throwing up other options for him to consider but they have all met with the same stubborn headshake. Am I happy about this? "HELL NO!" If my Father wasn't so dam serious I would mistake it for some sick joke or that I have been transported into some parallel universe. Father knows how to play me, all he has to do is play the family card and he knows I will agree to anything that he asks of me. He has explained at length why I have to do this because my family future is at risk. I won't lie, I love the lifestyle and I can't imagine cleaning the station toilets which is what father said my future holds if I don't go ahead with this archaic plan. Sure, Jasper is pretty to look at but there is one thing even good looks can't help you overlook and that is Jasper is a total jerk!

Fact people! I have known "Jasper the Jerk" my entire life. Father and Uncle Will were on one hand very competitive in business and shared a mutual respect for each other's business acumen. Outside of the office their admiration for each born from growing up together watching their parents struggle to put food on the table lead to the forming of a solid friendship best friends in fact who were so close they felt and acted like brothers. So their friendship meant that I had front row seats to the "Jasper the Jerk show". It was a real pleasure (yes I know I am being sarcastic) to witnesses Jasper and his playboy lifestyle. He is same age as my older brother Travis (twenty Three) and I have tried to despise Jasper as much on the inside as I claim to on the outside. The truth is as much as his playboy ways disgust me despite my better judgment I have had a crush on the guy for what seems like forever or at least since I was fourteen. The boy, now the man is HOT, Greek god kind of hot, the kind of hot they make statues of to worship the perfection of his body. I am not the ice maiden that I have worked very hard to convince the world that I am. He is a test to the strongest of will power six foot, four inches of hotness, dark brown hair which always looks like he has stepped out of the bed you wish you had been sharing with him, liquid chocolate for eyes fringed by the longest, darkest lashes fringing the eyes which sparkle when he is up to no good. SIGH, that boy is always up to no good. If the eyes weren't enough to make you fantastise about being the bad girl to match this bad boy with this freak of nature his body is literally the icing on the cake. I admit I drool like some kind of perve. I can't help but appreciate the body which has been sculpted unintentionally by years of surfing and other sporting activities. Soooooo fit, sooooo well built and soooooo freaking annoying! He's got it all going on and GOD he knows it - his arrogance is unbearable. He seriously thinks his shit don't stink. We would have had the perfect relationship by now if he had been born mute but alas every time he opens his mouth I just want to shut it with my fist he makes me so dam angry! So here I am, standing next to my father ready to be offered up like a company asset as part of their merger package. Seriously a plan which should have no place in this era but this is the reality. Sucks to be me, huh?