Chapter 20 Surprise!

The light pouring through the window wakes me up. I groan and roll over to find that Jasper is missing. Hmm that's weird. I check the time it's only eight am on Sunday morning. We have been married for a couple of days and we have barely left the bed. I wonder where my husband could be.

Intense nausea overwhelms and I barely make it to the bathroom and lose my stomach. What was that? I hardly ever get sick and if I do I rarely vomiting. Even if I drink too much I will get a headache and feel tired I'm not someone who gets sick. Well I certainly can't say that now. I sit on the bathroom floor wondering what is going on. I am feeling weak and a little dizzy.

I hear Jasper run up the stairs and into the bedroom "Baby are you ok? I could hear you vomiting from the kitchen."

I nod my head not really trusting my voice at the moment. I am mentally trying to work out when I last had my period. It's been so full on that I have literally forgotten to keep track of my cycle. Since I have had my head down the bowl I have started to realise that I have may have missed my period. I am terribly irregular normally but if my math is right not this irregular. I hear running water. Jasper sits on the bathroom floor in front of me. Gently lifting my chin and starts cleaning my face with a face washer I overwhelmed by his gentleness. I promptly burst into tears. Jasper quickly pulls me into a hug rubbing my back until the tears stop.

"Baby what's wrong? You're worrying me. Do I need to call the doctor? Are you in pain?"

I can hear the confusion and worry in his voice. I'm a hot mess sniffing and snuggling into his chest. Loving the warmth and safety of being in his arms.

"Jasper I-I think I might be pregnan1!" I stutter out.

He looks at me in total shock and begins processing the information.

"Do you know for sure baby"

I shake my head "I don't know. I can't remember when my last period was and they're not that regular so I just don't know!"

Tears start flowing. I am so worried that Jasper doesn't want to be father. It's too soon. Will he reject me? How could this have happened? We have always used protection! Jasper has made sure of that. I tend to get carried away but he never forgets.

"Baby please don't cry. This is wonderful news but before we celebrate we just need to be sure. Ok?" I'll go to the chemist and get us a pregnancy test. Please don't worry. I love you and want to have a family with you. Ok?"

That man reads my mind I swear! He has put all my fears at rest in one sentence. I take a double take of his face just to make sure he is not just saying it to make feel better. I don't see a trace of deceit just pure love. God I am so lucky to have this man in my life he is just so perfect for me. He helps me to my feet and passes me my toothbrush loaded with toothpaste. I feel so much better with a washed face and fresh mouth. He leads me back to bed I slip between the sheets and he covers me with the comforter.

"Just rest I'll be back shortly. I'll get the tests. There's nothing to worry about Bella. I'm not going anywhere ok?"

He kisses my forehead and stands to leave. Pouring me a glass of water from the pitcher on the night stand. "If you are thirsty just take sips. I'll be as quick as I can."

About an hour later I feel the bed dip next to me and I turn to face Jasper who greets me with a warm smile.

"I got the test baby do you think you can pee now or do you need a drink?"

I sit up "I could go now."

I jump up and head to the bathroom. I shut the door. I sit on the toilet and can't go. Standing I turn the tap over the basin on so it trickles to see if that will get me over my stage fright. I read the instructions once again and take the test out of the wrapper. Ah the water has worked I'm on the way.

"Are you okay in there? Jasper calls through the door.

"Yep, I'm peeing now!" I finish taking the test and tidy myself up and open the bathroom door only to find Jasper pacing the bedroom.

"What did it say?"

I shake my head "It's too soon we have to wait three minutes but I don't think I can look can you? I left the test on the hand basin."

He nods his head and making his way over to me and pulls me into a hug and kisses me softly on the lips.

"No matter the results we can keep trying if that's what you want"

I nod focusing on the carpet. "Let's just see the results and then we can go down that road. Ok? "

Jasper disappears into the bathroom. It takes a moment for him to appear in the door way with the test in his hand. He is staring at but not saying a dam thing. His expression is blank so he is giving me no clue at what he was seeing. I am flooded with impatience and quickly become annoyed. Jasper is oblivious to my reaction he is still staring at the test in his hand. I march toward him and pull his hand toward me so I could see the small window on the plastic wand which indicates the result. I take in a sharp breath. Holy crap! I am pregnant. I look at Jasper who appears to be frozen to the floor. He hasn't moved. My concern is growing. Suddenly dropping the test he spins, pulling me into his arms and begins kissing me senseless.

"Bella you're pregnant !!! We're going to be parents!!"

I giggle "I know Jasper I read it over your shoulder because for a minute there I thought you had had a stroke or something. You weren't doing anything!"

Chuckling. "Sorry baby I was in shock. I am so happy!"

He very carefully places me on the ground. Then he runs out of the room! I sit on the bed confused as to what he was doing. It in a very short time he was standing in front of me with bag in his hands.

"I couldn't help myself when I was at the chemist I bought something"

What on earth has he done? I rub the back of his neck he looks so cute, nervous, but so cute. I take the bag that he has offered me and peek inside. I gasp with surprise. I can't believe what I am seeing. A tiny little grey bonds wonder suit and matching booties. Even in the middle of this shock he was thinking about me. My eyes glisten with tears of gratitude for this man.

"OMG Jasper that is cute but you didn't know it would be positive why get this"

He sits down on the bed "I couldn't help myself. On the drive to the chemist I felt so excited that it could be positive. I was imagining having a little Bella running around the house or a mini me. I think you will be an amazing mother. If it hadn't been positive I was going to ask if we could keep trying. We could give our children such an amazing life Bella."

My heart swells with love for this beautiful man I feel like it could literally burst with happiness. "Oh baby just when I thought I couldn't love you anymore you show me another side of you. I couldn't think of better father material than you. We didn't plan this but now it has happened I am so excited."

I twine my fingers into his hair and pull his face towards me. I kiss him with a new intensity which comes from a place of such deep trust. This man has proven to me time and time again that he will never let me down. I reluctantly pull away breaking the kiss.

"It looks like we need a doctor's appointment this week". I place his hand on my belly. "We can work out how far along I am. In the meantime........" I slide my hand up his thigh. The twinkle in my eye leaves him with a very clear message at what I am wanting right now.

"Are you sure? Aren't you feeling unwell"? What about the baby?"

I start to tickle his thighs and I can see his reaction he wants this as much as I do.

"I love your concern but everything is fine. In fact I am feeling much better and I'm now kinda curious."

He raises an eyebrow "Curious?" and lets out a soft moan as my hand travels higher.

"Yes, curious. We've never had sex without a condom and now we can. Want to show me what that's like?

He gently pushes me back on the bed and pulls his t-shirt over his head.

"Oh baby- do I ever!"

Hungry for his touch I quickly remove my sleep shirt. Jasper covers my body with his. It looks like today is going to be the day of firsts.