Chapter 17 Father's apology

We arrive at Jasper's penthouse before our travel partners. Amber and Rhys agreed to take a detour via my parents place to pick up a few things for me. Amber had rung mum and asked her to pack a few things for me. That way they can be at the house for as little as time as possible and mum will not to press them to stay for coffee and whatever killer cake she on stand- by. I will contact mum tomorrow and arrange a time to see her. I am looking forward to a mum hug.

Until Amber and Rhys arrive Jasper and I are happy to cuddle on his couch. I am enjoying the feeling of being close to this man after being away from him for a week I am blown away by how much my life has changed in the last three months. There have been some ugly bits but overall I am not unhappy with how everything has turned out. In this man's' arms I come to realise I am truly content and I haven't felt this way for a very long time. I have one thing to sort out and things will be perfect. I'm not sure how but this thing with father has to be sorted out somehow.

Amber and Rhys sent a text to say they will be her in five minutes so Jasper told David to let them straight up. We hear the elevator doors announce the arrival of our friends so rather than getting up off of the couch Jasper sings our "Doors open, come on in!"

Amber and Rhys enter the room with my luggage in their hands and rather sheepish looks on their faces. Something is not quite right and neither one of them are giving me eye contact. I look at Jaspers expression and turn towards the sheepish looking couple and I realise they are not alone. I gasp.

"Father what are you doing here?'

He rubs the back of his neck something he has always done when he is feeling nervous. I bite my lip and he rubs his neck. I am as mad as hell at him but I can't help but feel sorry for how stressed he is at the moment. I am surprised at how much older he looks since I saw him a week ago. He even looks like has lost a little weight and there is a vulnerability that I have never seen in him before. His eyes are pleading with me.

"Please don't be cross sweetie with your friends I begged them to bring me to you. Um do you think I could speak to you please? I know I don't deserve it but I just want the chance to fix this. "

A flash of fear crosses his face.

"You don't have to be alone with me. Everyone can stay. I...I... I don't mind. I just want to try and fix this........please Bella......I am begging."

The man in front of me doesn't look scary at all in fact he looks a little pathetic. What has happened in the last week to strip him of his arrogance? I indicate that everyone should take a seat. Jasper touches my knee searching my eyes to see if I really am ok with this. If I didn't the look he is giving me immediately puts any doubts I have to ease. This man will protect me. There is nothing for me to fear.

I turn to the group "I've forgotten my manners can I offer you something to eat or drink?

I can't help feeling a little relieved that they have all declined the offer. I want to get this over and done with. Taking a deep breath I look at my father.

"So what would you like to say Father?" I bite my lip my father isn't the only one with nerves. Jasper instantly notices and holds my hand calming my nerves.

"First thing I owe you is an apology Bella for hitting you that night. This isn't an excuse I just want you to understand how it came to pass. Travis and I had a horrible argument and I was hurt and angry . I started feeling sorry for myself and drank. It was a stupid thing to do and did nothing to improve my ugly mood. I felt like I was losing control of everything. Nobody respecting me. I now know I was feeling sorry for myself. I am not proud of what I did to you Bella. I had no right to say or do the things I did you that night. You have always been such a good girl. You have always done everything I have asked of you even agreeing to the arranged marriage! You just took it all in your stride even going that extra step to convince Jasper when wasn't on board! I am proud to call you my daughter. I see so much of me in you. Me of the early days anyway not what I have become. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, trust me I don't think I will be ever able to forgive myself so I get it. But if you could find it in your heart to at least try I would be truly grateful. I know I have broken the trust that we had and I know that I will need to work hard to earn it and I am willing to put in the work Bella if you would just give me a chance. Bella I am not asking, I am begging, I will do anything I can to make this up to you."