Chapter 8 The ball

So today is the day of the ball. Nervous is an understatement. I hope that my plan works and tonight and I can channel my inner seductress and Jasper will finally take the hint or the sledgehammer in this case! If he doesn't I am not sure what I can do because I am literally at my wits end.

Amber has been a huge influence on the dress I am wearing tonight. I decided to trust her totally because she is much better at this stuff than I am. She certainly proved that in the Victoria's Secret change rooms! It isn't something I would normally wear but if I always wear the usual people are still going to see me as a little girl. Tonight is about me finding my sexy and getting right outside of my comfort zone.

I am looking at myself in the mirror and I don't recognise the woman looking back at me. Yes, there is no doubt that this is a reflection of a woman, no little girl in this mirror. The glam team as Amber calls them has out done themselves. My long hair has been transformed into a glossy mass of curls, pulled to one side and my fringe has been braided to keep the hair off my face whilst providing a dark frame for my face. My makeup is flawless giving my pale skin the perfection of alabaster. A bold slash of fire engine red lipstick transform my natural pout and provide the perfect balance to match my dress. My eyes have taken on a different dimension. Smokey, sultry sexy outlined with cat eyeliner accentuating the colour and size fringed by mink eyelashes. My dress is stunning. Backless, red satin sheathing my hour glass figure touching in all the right places perfectly sweeping the floor it has a thigh high split proving the perfect showcase for my smooth, tanned and toned legs. I am unable to wear anything but the fine silk thong under this dress as anything more would detract from the lines. The bust line of the dress plunging into a deep V which leaves you wondering how it stays up at all and it affords the best possible view of my cleavage. My body is dusted in perfumed powder which shimmers as the light catches it. A view that I am hoping Jasper will enjoy. To complete the look I am wearing ruby earrings which sweep the top of my bare shoulders. The shoes are equally dramatic, silver, peep toe with three inch heels. Nails polished to match my kiss proof lipstick. Well they claim it is kiss proof – tonight will test that theory.

I am dressed to impress and there is only one person I want to impress. I turn to Amber to ask her if she is ready to go downstairs and I am stunned by a vision in a strapless silver sparkly gown. She has chosen a floor length gown which hugs her figure to perfection. Dangly emerald earrings that match her eyes and three inch nude heels complete her look. She is stunning. Her hair and makeup remind of me of Jessica rabbit the buxom beauty from who framed roger rabbit. Weird time for a movie reference but seriously my friend is rocking the look. I am giggling at the thought of how she would react if I shared my thoughts.

Amber grabs me and suggests we head downstairs and have a quick drink before the guys arrive. Great plan, count me in; I could do with a little Dutch courage! We dash for it and just as we reach the top of the stairs we can hear my parents talking to people at the door. The boys are here early! My stomach fills with butterflies. No Dutch courage for me. I focus on getting down the stairs as elegantly as possible. We arrive at the bottom step just as mum says she will get us and they can make themselves comfortable in the drawing room.

"No need mum we are here"

All heads turn and my butterflies have grown much bigger as I take in Jaspers' reaction. Someone should help that man get his jaw off of the ground. I smile.

Mum smiles

"Oh girls don't you both look stunning. Jasper and Rhys you better look after them. I think they will get plenty of attention tonight" she winks at me.

I roll my eyes "thanks mum"

Jasper has yet to speak and at this stage doesn't look like he is capable of speaking. I start walking over to him as Rhys speaks