Chapter 19 The wedding

Two weeks have passed since the meeting in Uncle Will's office. Since then it has been a literal whirl wind. I have been enjoying working with Jasper as his PA. You may be wondering why I would continue in that role when my future holds the role of CEO. We talked it through and it was a great way for me to get across the other half of what will be soon a combined business. Plus I get to spend time with Jasper – win/win!

On a personal level I am counting down the minutes until I am finally Mrs. Jasper Preston. Things have been sweet since moving in with him. I am so happy that we both took the risk and gave us a try. My father has been busy working with Uncle Will organizing Rosen Inc's move over to the Preston Inc offices. Once the move is complete which should be around the beginning of next year we will combine the company names becoming Preston and Rosen Inc.

The day is finally here that I will be known as a Bella Preston. At four pm today I will be marrying the man I love in a quickie civil ceremony to ensure the companies futures. My father has planned every last detail to ensure that nothing will stop our wedding therefore saving the companies. The legal team has the papers drawn up ready for our signatures straight after the ceremony. Once we wade through the pile of papers they have prepared then it will be official Dante and his reign of terror will be over. I couldn't be happier.

On a very happy note Travis and my father have patched up their relationship and Kosta has finally met the family. I have to say my brother has exceptional taste! Kosta is hot not just hot but smoking hot! Ok not as hot as my Jasper but seriously my brother is one lucky bastard and if his looks weren't enough he has the sweetest personality. Kosta clearly loves my brother. The way they look at each other could make even the coldest of hearts melt, I kid you not.

So here I am sitting at home alone in our bedroom. I have showered and I am in the process of getting ready to say "I do" to Jasper. I'm alone because something came up this morning and he had to go into the company to fix a couple of things with Uncle Will. I may be alone in the bedroom but the rest of the place with everyone else who are busily fussing around the penthouse making sure everything is ready for when we get back from the registry office. The plan is to come back here after the paperwork is all signed to have dinner. We decided to contract a photographer so we can capture some memories of this special day. The dream wedding may be happening in June but this is still really special for us both.

Amber knocks on the door as is opening it before I get to tell her to come in. In typical Amber fashion her face is poking around the door and she is firing questions at me. That girl never fails to make me smile.

"You going to get dressed anytime soon? We can't be late" she says with a smile.

I nod my head "Sure I was just day dreaming."

My makeup is already done, simple and natural, nothing over the top. I have my underwear and suspender stockings on. I just need to put the finishing touches to my hair. I have decided to leave my hair down in loose curls that frame my face. I finish the last curl and disappear into the walk in robe. I have chosen a simple white dress to wear today. The lines are elegant hugging my curves and flares out at the waist. Knee length it has sheer lace layer over the top and a delicate belt draped around the waist. I turn to Amber so she can zip me up. I slide my feet into a pair of white satin three inch heels. I turn to Amber to ask what she thinks and she has tears in her eyes.

"You look beautiful come lets go get my best friend married!"She pulls me into a hug being careful that she doesn't crush my outfit.

"You look beautiful too Amber." she is clearly pleased by my approval.

Amber is wearing a simple body hugging emerald green dress that matches her eyes. Wearing a nude heel, minimal make up and her hair is up in loose braid. Her outfit compliments and accentuates her best features. Grabbing my hand she pulls me towards the lounge room. Everyone smiles and nods with approval as we enter the room.

Mum coos her approval. "You look beautiful honey. Should we get going? Don't want to be late now do we?"

I smile "Has anyone heard from Uncle Will or Jasper by any chance?"

My father speaks up "Don't worry honey I just spoke to Uncle Will he and Jasper have finished. They will meet us at the court house. Just breathe he won't miss this"

I nod taking in a shaky breath. I don't know why but I am worried Jasper will be late.

It's probably nothing; just last minute jitters. I am sure there is nothing to worry about.

I follow everyone out to the cars, we pile in uneventfully and we head towards the court house. As per the schedule I am travelling in the car with Amber and Rhys. We aren't talking and I filling the quiet reflecting on how much everything has changed. It seemed like a moment and Rhys has parked the car and is getting out of the car ready to open my door for me. I suddenly start shaking with nerves and I am very grateful for the offer of Rhys's steadying hand and his reassurance.

"Don't worry Bella, everything will be ok. Won't be much longer and you'll be Mrs. Preston."

I nod and I am very aware that my attempt at a smile has been unsuccessful. Rhys leads both Amber and I into the court house. He takes care of notifying the Judge now that we are here whilst we sit in the chairs located in the hallway. Unaware that I am tapping my foot until Amber puts a hand on my knee to steady it but it doesn't work. My anxiety is growing the closer it gets to the time that Jasper is supposed to be here. Something must be wrong or maybe he has changed his mind? My teeth start chattering with fear. Rhys puts a reassuring arm around my shoulder. He is trying to calm me down and deep down I appreciate his efforts but it isn't working. I was so close to bursting into tears totally convinced something bad has happened when much frazzled looking Jasper burst through the court room doors. I nearly screamed with relief. He is ok; he is here my worst fears were just that – fear. Unlike Jasper Uncle Will seems terribly amused by it all. Jasper is frantically looking everywhere unable to see me sitting in the hall. Uncle Will calmly taps him on the shoulder wordlessly pointing to me. The relief that sweeps over Jasper causes him to relax immediately in front of our eyes. He rushes over to me and drops into a crouching position and places his hands on my knees. He touches his forehead to mine.

"I'm sorry I was nearly late Bella. We left the office in plenty of time but there was an accident and we got caught up behind it. I seriously started to panic I didn't think I was going to make it on time. Thankfully I did. I was so scared you wouldn't be here."

I sigh leaning in and kissing him softly "its ok sweetheart you're here and that's all that matters. I was starting to worry a little bit. I was worried you had changed your mind."

He raises his arched eyebrow "Well then that explains why my best friends arm is around you."

I blush "Yeah, I was freaking out a little bit and Rhys was trying to calm me down."

He pulls me up and hugs me to him but not close enough to crush my dress and whispers into my ear. "I'm sorry you went through that. Will it help if I tell you that you make a beautiful bride?"

I am bursting with happiness. "Maybe."

Jasper kisses me on the cheek. "So what say we go get married? I seriously can't wait a moment longer!"

I chuckle "Feeling is mutual babe."

He takes my hand and leads me into the court room and we walk into our future.