Chapter 21 First Christmas

The past month has flown by and our unexpected wedding present just added to the long list of things we need to do. Marriage, business merger and now a baby was certainly keeping us on our toes. As planned we went to the Doctor and we were promptly sent for an ultrasound to determine how far along I was. The ultrasound surprised us when little peanuts were found to be growing inside of me. We were shocked to find ourselves pregnant in the first place but doubly so when we found out not one but two babies were on the way. Jasper nearly passed out with excitement. Me as usual took a little longer to adjust to what I was seeing! I am equally as excited as Jasper and believe we are doubly blessed. That doesn't mean that I have any idea how we are going to manage our double trouble but I am sure that together we can bring it all together.

I have continued with Jasper as his PA. My father's company was to move to the Preston building after Christmas but once the decision was made it seemed a false economy to continue commuting between the two. The layout out has been modernised and all the staff are very happy with their new lunch room which has all the mod cons and a killer coffee machine. There were a couple of technical hitches with the computers but nothing that too difficult to sort out so all in all we consider the transition a total success. Everything has fallen into place and sometimes the ease of it makes me feel a little uneasy. Dante DeLuca has dropped totally off of the radar after so much time of him making sure that we knew he was circling at times I find the silence unsettling. I have mentioned it to Jasper but it doesn't think it's a concern. He says Dante is not stupid and he knows when he has been stitched up. Why would he want to hang around so we can rub his face in it? I guess he is right we have had enough trouble in the short time we have been together there is no point looking for more it is time to enjoy our life.

This Christmas is so special to me because it is our first Christmas as a family. Not just for me and Jasper but for Kosta and Travis as well for the first time we will all together. To celebrate that I decided to host Christmas at our penthouse so the both sides of the family can be at the same table. Initially Jasper wasn't too keen on the idea because he thought it might be too much for me being pregnant. After some discussion I was able to convince him that I am not a china doll and I was happy to make some compromises so that he won't worry. I also promised that if I should get tired I will rest. He fussed over me when he thought I was carrying one child now he knows there are two I swear he fusses twice as much. I tease him but deep down I love how protective he is of me and our unborn children. One of the compromises was my agreeing to hire helpers to decorate the penthouse. It was something that I really wanted to do myself but Jasper literally got chest pains at the thought of me on a ladder so I gave in. We are beyond happy that Kosta is able stay for Christmas and that his parents will also be joining us. I look at the large box of decorations and I think for a moment that I may have overdone it. What the hell it's Christmas!

Mum. Auntie Eve and I are seated in the kitchen working on the all important menu for Christmas day in a couple of days. One of my compromises was agreeing to have the day catered. The purpose of our get together is to finalise those last minute details and place settings.

Jasper and I had decided to keep our little peanuts secret until Christmas Day. I am currently eight weeks pregnant and have a tiny little bump which I am so aware of and keep touching just to make sure it's still there. Today I'm wearing one of Jaspers hoodies to hide it from view. Keeping this secret is literally killing me. Usually I am pretty good at keeping secrets but this one is really stretching me. I want to tell the whole world I am pregnant and I can in two days. I scold myself and bite my tongue it's just two days and then Jasper and I can put a smile on every ones faces. Until then I have stop rubbing my bump or I am going to blow it!

My thoughts are interrupted by ringing phone. I touch the screen.

"Hey Amber how are you?"

"Hey Bella, I was wondering what you were up to. Could we catch up?"