Chapter 6 The Job offer

We have been "dating" for the most amazing three months of my life. I had no idea how sweet and romantic he could be. It has been a whirlwind of activity dancing, dinner, movies and ice skating. After things got to hot and heavy on my father's doors step he has been acting like a perfect gentleman. There is no evidence of the playboy that he is infamous for being. I appreciate it on one hand, who wouldn't be impressed? The reality is I am going mad with wanting him. He just has to look at me I am wet. I am giving him all the signs I can but he is so wrapped up in being the perfect gentleman and I let myself go once and I'm a little scared of doing that again. After all if he really liked what happened he would have said right? Doesn't matter I've had enough if he doesn't have his way with me soon I may self combust!

I've decided it's time to woman up and take matters into my own hands! I am a self determining woman I can make the first move and seduce Jasper. Confident that this is the right decision I call my best friend Amber in. "Amber get your credit card ready is the girls are going out!" This girl has my back and it's been that way since we first met in primary school. I trust her; love her like a sister and best of all love hanging with her. Amber feels the same way. When it came time for college we couldn't bear to separate so we selected the same college so we could be roommates. She had my back when I was the butt of the guys bet and I will forever be grateful for that. She kept me sane and on track. Popular with the guys for all the right reasons but being stunning with long blonde hair cascading down her back in waves certainly doesn't detract from the Amber "package." She is a freak of nature blessed with big, expressive, emerald green eyes which are as easy to read as a book. You always know what this girl is thinking. I used to feel awkward around her because we are so physically different. Amber is tiny compared to my six foot she barely reaches my elbow when I am in heels. Many have been fooled into thinking her tiny package meant she is defenseless and in need of protection. Wrong! My bestie is a total badass and has more personality and spunk in her little finger than most have in their whole body. I love her like a sister. We have no secrets so she has been across every step of the whole Jasper saga. She is the perfect choice to help me with my plan. It is time for Jasper to stop seeing me as a fragile piece of china and understand that I am a woman who has grown up needs.

Handbag thrown over my shoulder, car keys in my hand I am half way out of the door when Mum stops me.

"Sweet heart before you leave I need to speak to you quickly."

I hide my frustration at this delay to be honest I really would rather be on my way. Instead the dutiful daughter that I am I obediently follow mum into the kitchen quickly taking a seat at the counter. Mum to me known as Cindy to others is the best. In total contrast to father who can be cold my mother is warm, friendly and approachable and always has my back no matter what. When my father first mentioned me marrying Jasper and what he saw as the advantages of the arranged marriage she did her best to change his mind. We have no secrets so Mum knows of my feeling for Jasper so was doing her best stop me from getting hurt because she knows I can't say no to my father. My mum is truly beautiful and I am not saying that because she is my mum. People stop and comment often on her beauty. Bright hazel eyes, a button nose and light brown hair that she has had streaked and styled into a short bob which frames her face. At five foot ten inches she is fairly tall but I am taller which something I love to tease her about is. I must get my height from father.

Mum seems to have forgotten that she has asked me to talk to her. I have been patiently waiting for her stop fussing around the kitchen. Clearly something is up. Not wanting to be impatient I have to work out what's up because I have other things to be getting on with

"Hey mum you wanted to talk to me what's up?"

Did I notice a little hesitation there? Maybe it was my imagination Mum stops fussing joining me at the counter choosing not to sit instead leans on the counter.